Nobby Clark

Jaggernaut

Just adding to some of the stuff above, that when you think we got Alex Forsyth from Arsenal as a midfielder, some might've thought who the hell was a Thistle manager to start jiggling about, putting AF at left back? He went from us to Man Utd for a few bob - as a left back. Then to build your midfield around a converted striker (Ronnie Glavin, as mentioned above) and an apparent flop from Bury and formerly East Fife (Alec Rae). Also fair to mention that Hugh Strachan was seen by many as a has been, having spent his best years at Killie and Morton. But...he had, in my opinion, the best game a Thistle defender's had - at any time during my Thistle days - in the big one.

How Sergeant Davie managed to complete a jigsaw out of all those rogue pieces is a minor miracle in itself.

He should be inducted into the Hall of Fame.......AGAIN!

I remember Nobby playing for the Hyndland School team. He was a brilliant midfielder in what was a really good school team. I knew he would make professionally and was quite delighted that it was PTFC who took him on. It was great watching him equalise at Ibrox. We sang all the way back to Broomhill "who put the ball in the Rangers net, Nobby Nobby Clark"