Team Vs Dungdee

angry gaz

Excellent result today. Just a shame that the margin wasn't greater.

Good to hear as well that young Scully played well. He had never really convinced me at all but maybe the positive noises emanating from within the club about him were justified after all. It has been said already but hopefully the knowledge that Scully is improving as a keeper will be enough to keep Fox on his toes.

A big game next weekend though. Until then ... :party2:

Good result, wouldn't term it as excellent though, their record speaks for itself, they are shite.

IT WAS an excellent result!! Our away form has benn SHITE, our defence is SHITE, and a rookie keeper. who apparently got us the points. Sp REJOICE 3 away points and at Scumdee. FERKIN BRILLIANT!!! :lol:

We beat Dundee, but we are still 7 points behind from Ross County.

We could not score after Dundee's red card. That is a problem.

We were 7 points behind Ross County before the game and are STILL 7 points behind because they won as well?? Time and time and time again in football 10 men invariably perform out of their skins in games. We won, take it.

Next week we have to make sure that gap is only 4 points, AND WE WILL. :)

We beat Dundee, but we are still 7 points behind from Ross County.

We could not score after Dundee's red card. That is a problem.

We will be only 4 points behind County when we beat them next week. Let's be positive and hope that this win is the start of improved away form.

From the official Dundee FC web site:

Date: 29 October 2011

Venue: Dens Park

Competition: League - SFL1

Result: 1-2

Jags grab controversial win

Dundee controversially went down to their fourth successive home defeat at Dens today, in a game that hinged on two decisions by referee Steven O'Donnell, who mistakenly red carded Rab Douglas after 24 minutes, then just after half time failed to send off Chris Erskine for a dangerous challenge with his elbow on Neil McGregor.

Full Report

Given the circumstances off their win at Firhill I feel they have a bloody cheek complaining that things went against them today. As they can't even get the score right on their match report I find it hard to take any of this seriously.

Quite frankly today was nothing short of poetic justice :clapping:

yeah, but if you read their forum, they dont think so, they also slag the ref, and think they were so hard done by today......... you know what they say in the big city.........tough titty

Got a short memory then, haven't they! After gaining three points at Firhill courtesy of of one of the most blatant dives I have ever witnessed how can these people have the bloody nerve to complain when a decision goes against them against us at Dens? Shower of Hypocrites :angry:

Edited by Camallain

can't understand why p12tfc had no confidence in Ryan Scully before the game.He had only one senior game & kept a clean sheet & in that game was very competent.He has now played two senior games with a a 100% clean sheet.Hope he has as good a career as Roughie. :thumbsup2:

Considering the statement was made when Ryan had only played the one senior game, a 3-0 romp over Raith where he had nothing to do. Ryan's other appearance was in the shambolic 4-1 pre-season loss at Dumbarton, which just maybe P12tfc may have attended.

Although Ryan ended up being the difference between us leaving Dens with 3 instead of one or nothing, there were clearly areas of his game needing work on. Ryan is a developing player, along the same lines of Bannigan and co, who can step in when needed and hopefully will continue to develop to become first team regulars in the future. Their time will come.

I'm delighted Scully came through the game with, by all accounts, flying colours. I've seen him play on a number of occasions and, to be honest, each time I've been left unconvinced and questioned what Hinchy saw in order to rate him so highly. His shot-stopping was always pretty decent but his kicking and cross-balls were often of heart-in-mouth quality.

Undoubtedly his performance on Saturday will give him great confidence and, as a goalkeeper, that's one of the most important factors in their game. For that reason, I'd be tempted to continue with him in goals against Ross County in order for us to get the most out of him when he's on this high. Add to that that Fox has been ropey at times this season and I reckon Scully deserves a chance.

I still rate Fox highly although I've never agreed with the notion that he's the best in the league. Last season, his performances were impeccable; whenever a cross came into the box, it was like he had magnets in his gloves. I'm not sure what has changed this season but he just doesn't look as assured as he did last year, his notable howlers against Hamilton and Queen of the South for example. I think a few games on the sidelines will do Fox good and I look forward to seeing him back to his best soon.

One thing that has become clearer to me is how much the Dundee team was carried by Harkins and Griffiths last year. They looked nothing other than very ordinary on Saturday; the fact that the final score was so close was due more to our own inadequacies than to Dundee looking good. I really wouldn't be surprised if they struggle in the lower half of the league all season. Nor would I worry about them!