Hartson In Todays Sun

Lindau

Haven't been on for a wee while (took HJ's advice and went for a lie down :P) but am surprised this thread is still going. Im also surprised there are posts suggesting more than one Thistle fan is criticising MacNamara, there are several who are yet to be convinced but willing to wait and see...but only the HJ seemed to be critical.

Anyway, since I can't let it lie, Im not a kid HJ. Im not spitting the dummy because things ain't going the way I want. I ain't panicking about relegation or getting excited about promotion. No, Im a bit more mature than that so nah nah nahnah nah :P

HJ I suggest you take stock of your expectations and ask yourself if you are maybe setting them a bit too high. A bit of realism, and a recognition that with such a young squad we're looking at next season before any serious progress can be made (I know, always next year and all that :rolleyes: ), might be a good idea...you should know as well as I do that supporting the Jags is never as cut and dried as you appear to want it to be.

For now, I :love: Jaggy Mac :unsure:

Edited by Steven H

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it wasn't for the obvious yet inexplicable apparent love-in some fans have with McNamara his coat would be on a shoogly nail at Firhill about now.

Hope Hibs are daft enough.

I have to agree with this. The same fans who were on mccall's back last season, can see no wrong in what Jackie is doing, even though he is worse than mccall. People always bleat about good football, but whats good about a pretty abysmal league record and to be out 2 cups by october?

I have to agree with this. The same fans who were on mccall's back last season, can see no wrong in what Jackie is doing, even though he is worse than mccall. People always bleat about good football, but whats good about a pretty abysmal league record and to be out 2 cups by october?

I think it's down to what folk think the potential of the current squad might be (pretty good) compared to the squad under McCall (little scope for optimism).

For that reason JM seems to be getting some slack, and we all hope that he'll get the team fulfilling their potential. But if results don't start to pick up soon and we find ourselves seriously threatened with relegation, then I think that more questions will start to to be asked about his abilities.

Edited to add: And rightly so.

Edited by Jaggernaut