Hartson In Todays Sun

Lindau

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said in an earlier post: only 4 wins in 12 league matches, out of both cups, team near the bottom.... Jackie would fit in nicely at Easter Road.

If it wasn't for the obvious yet inexplicable apparent love-in some fans have with McNamara his coat would be on a shoogly nail at Firhill about now.

Hope Hibs are daft enough.

If it wasn't for the obvious yet inexplicable apparent love-in some fans have with McNamara his coat would be on a shoogly nail at Firhill about now.

I think he's been doing ok with the players he has.

Certainly at least as good as McCall did with his bigger budget.

:help: are you for real? What love-in? Maybe you would like to see a revolving door at Firhill, maybe you're just a troll :unknw:

Re the predictable nonsense remarks after my post:

1. Why don't you have a lie down? Or better still wake up and smell the coffee.

2. Doing ok? Fair point of view. I'm saying we could get better.... A LOT better than "Jaggy" (about as Thistle as the rings of Saturn) Mac. His record speaks for itself. Taking mediocrity to a new low.

3. Not a revolving door, just a decent manager. Maybe you're just a kid.

I've been waiting patiently and giving plenty of time to the manager to come up with the goods. A couple of high-scoring victories v Ayr and Morton aside what do we have?

2. Doing ok? Fair point of view. I'm saying we could get better.... A LOT better than "Jaggy" (about as Thistle as the rings of Saturn) Mac. His record speaks for itself. Taking mediocrity to a new low.

I've been waiting patiently and giving plenty of time to the manager to come up with the goods. A couple of high-scoring victories v Ayr and Morton aside what do we have?

At the moment, one victory in every 5 or 6 matches played, and a continuation of our dismal away record. JM is still enjoying a honeymoon period at Firhill and he comes across as intelligent and likeable, but if the team's form continues as it has until the end of the season then it will have been nothing but a failure.

Of course I really hope he can get a good string of results, but I don't consider drawing (if we do) away to the bottom team as a good result.

So the manager has got to be a "Thistle man"?

Think a few like how he comes across and like the ideas he has about taking the club forward. He's not even at the half way point of the season. Who is to say a more experienced manager would have us doing better.

It took our beloved John Lambie 3 seasons to get it right when back in the second division. He made some awful signings and nearly took us to the 3rd division. We gave him time to get things sorted and look what happened.

Don't know when it changed but for those of us like me and a good few others, showing a bit of support and getting behind the club has became a thing to be ridiculed and belittled by the likes of you.

You've been "waiting patiently"? Dozen or so games is waiting patiently is it? Give me a break.

1 goal scored in last 3 games is not good enough and needs improving. Doubt there is a fan on here who thinks differently. 1 goal conceded in last 3 games on the other hand, is excellent. Long may that continue.

OK then - once we get rid of the existing manager, whom (bearing in mind the salary I assume we can pay him / her) do you suggest we get in?

So the manager has got to be a "Thistle man"? 1

Think a few like how he comes across and like the ideas he has about taking the club forward. He's not even at the half way point of the season. Who is to say a more experienced manager would have us doing better. 2.

It took our beloved John Lambie 3 seasons to get it right when back in the second division. He made some awful signings and nearly took us to the 3rd division. We gave him time to get things sorted and look what happened. 3

Don't know when it changed but for those of us like me and a good few others, showing a bit of support and getting behind the club has became a thing to be ridiculed and belittled by the likes of you. 4

You've been "waiting patiently"? Dozen or so games is waiting patiently is it? Give me a break. 5

1 goal scored in last 3 games is not good enough and needs improving. Doubt there is a fan on here who thinks differently. 1 goal conceded in last 3 games on the other hand, is excellent. Long may that continue.

1. No, but all this "Jaggy Mac" nonsense is cringeworthy

2. And who is to say a more experienced manager wouldn't have us 6 points clear at the top of the league?

3. You're comparing MacNamara with John Lambie? Can I have a pint of what you're drinking?

4. You were coming up with at least SOME degree of sanity until this utter spheres! What the flying f*** are you on about mate?

5. 4 wins, 4 draws and 5 losses. All I'm saying is I'm losing my patience with this noob.

OK then - once we get rid of the existing manager, whom (bearing in mind the salary I assume we can pay him / her) do you suggest we get in?

Any amount of experienced managers currently seeking employment.

Take your pick.

But then as Jags fans we're star-struck with a washed-out old firm hero jsu because he once played for the mighty shellik. We are not worthy oh Jaggy Mac! We don't mind the fact that we're losing points cos we WUV YOU ya big shellik hero.

Some Thistle fans need to get some pride

At the moment, one victory in every 5 or 6 matches played, and a continuation of our dismal away record. JM is still enjoying a honeymoon period at Firhill and he comes across as intelligent and likeable, but if the team's form continues as it has until the end of the season then it will have been nothing but a failure.

Of course I really hope he can get a good string of results, but I don't consider drawing (if we do) away to the bottom team as a good result.

Agreed to an extent. But the "intelligent and likeable" facade is wearing a bit thin with me.

I hope he turns the corner and we start getting results more consistently. But as it stands just now I doubt it. Let's get him TF.

Take your pick.

But then as Jags fans we're star-struck with a washed-out old firm hero jsu because he once played for the mighty shellik. We are not worthy oh Jaggy Mac! We don't mind the fact that we're losing points cos we WUV YOU ya big shellik hero.

MacPherson was looking for a job when we appointed Jackie and in his current role he has 1 point out of 6 against us and according to you we are duds.

As for the rest of your post - you are the only person in this thread or others that I have seen to talk about the fact that Jackie played for Celtic. I think I will be utilising the ignore function in the future as it appears that you are just on here for a wind up (and not even a fish pun as well).

The next 6 games (including the cup game) which take us to the end of the year are all winnable and will, imo, determine the shape of the rest of the season. Will certainly be looking for at least 10 points from the 15 available and a place in the next round of the cup. Anything less and the pressure will be on

It took our beloved John Lambie 3 seasons to get it right when back in the second division. He made some awful signings and nearly took us to the 3rd division. We gave him time to get things sorted and look what happened.

I remember back then when we were skirting with relegation I was making passionate pleas for Lambie to get sacked. Glad nobody listened!

I only hope we can look back on this period under JM the same way, and that he can turn the ship around before it hits the rocks.

MacPherson was looking for a job when we appointed Jackie and in his current role he has 1 point out of 6 against us and according to you we are duds.

As for the rest of your post - you are the only person in this thread or others that I have seen to talk about the fact that Jackie played for Celtic. I think I will be utilising the ignore function in the future as it appears that you are just on here for a wind up (and not even a fish pun as well).

You don't agree with my point of view so you resort to the online equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and going "la la la I'm not listening".

I'm not here on a wind-up or as a troll.

Maybe I just have higher expectations? But as you're ignoring me there's no point in carrying on.

I remember back then when we were skirting with relegation I was making passionate pleas for Lambie to get sacked. Glad nobody listened!

I only hope we can look back on this period under JM the same way, and that he can turn the ship around before it hits the rocks.

I hope you're right but things aren't looking that way. :unsure:

Take your pick.

Not at the wind-up, but WHO do you think we should get in?

I was hoping that McNamara would be competent at the start of the season. I feel he has been (relatively) so, but am interested in other fans opinions as to who we could get that is better.

And I don't think that there are many people out there that feel star-struck because of a team McNamara once played for. I seem to remember Murdo Macleod playing for Celtic as well, and I don't think there were many tears shed when he left...

Or Derek Johnstone or Sandy Clarke, who played for the other lot...

Edited by cleveland steamer

I was hoping that McNamara would be competent at the start of the season. I feel he has been (relatively) so, but am interested in other fans opinions as to who we could get that is better.

And I don't think that there are many people out there that feel star-struck because of a team McNamara once played for. I seem to remember Murdo Macleod playing for Celtic as well, and I don't think there were many tears shed when he left...

We've had more than our fair share of questionable managers when you look at your list there. Add Derek Whyte to that list too and it reads like a rogues gallery. Who to replace the manager should it come to the crunch and the remainder of the league campaign continues in its current vein? Could Jim Duffy do better or worse? Jim Jeffries (should he not apply for the Hibs job)?

Am I right in thinking that this is the complete list of OF players that eventually became our manager?:

Davie Meiklejohn

Willie Thornton

Scott Symon

Bertie Auld

Peter Cormack

Derek Johnstone

Sandy Clark

Murder McLeod

Gerry Britton/Derek Whyte

Ian McCall

Jackie McNamara

Jimmy Bone doesn't count, though he turned out for the tims a few times after he left us. Out of that list, only Bertie Auld stands out as achieving anything of note (keeping us competitive!), though I guess that Willie Thornton did take us to the Fairs City Cup.