Ross County, Game Off

German Jag

County say it was "out of [their] hands". Well, if you spent the money you've spent on your team on your facilities first, then you might have facilities up to scratch for a team trying to compete for the SPL. They should have undersoil heating and adequate covers. They haven't spent a penny on their ground since they were in division 3. I hope they have a lot of cancellations and a big fixture pileup so that the difference is made to count.

County say it was "out of [their] hands". Well, if you spent the money you've spent on your team on your facilities first, then you might have facilities up to scratch for a team trying to compete for the SPL. They should have undersoil heating and adequate covers. They haven't spent a penny on their ground since they were in division 3. I hope they have a lot of cancellations and a big fixture pileup so that the difference is made to count.

Wearing my cynical bunnet I doubt very much there'd be that much incentive to get the game on. I'm assuming they wouldn't have much in the way of hospitality (if any) to lose. We weren't able to bring a reasonable crowd due partly to transport difficulties and much of their fanbase is from outside of Dingwall and many would've faced the same transport problems.

Not that it's any concern of mine but installing undersoil heating in Dingwall will be difficult to justify on financial grounds.Given the drop in attendance and loss of hospitality a midweek game brings most clubs like ourselves have no doubt saved money by having ush. I can foresee many an occasion when they can get Victoria Pk passed fit but fans can't get to the game or team buses get stuck on the A9.

I read earlier that it was the police who called it off but it says nothing on that on their website.

They asked for volunteers to help shift the snow off the pitch when the snow stopped, but it started again, so it was probably the correct decision to call it off.

The roads on the way there were another factor.

We got as far as Dunblane (where there was quite a bit of snow) before we heard from contacts in Aviemore and Inverness that the game was off. But BBC Scotland radio news made no mention of it at all just after 10am. Always had a feeling that Dingwall on 2nd January was a bit of a non-starter! Anyway, a Good New Year to all of the red-and-yellow persuasion!