Firhill Live On Sky Sports 2

Lindau

Warriors beaten. If only we could get crowds like that!!

If only. Said to my mate on Friday that Firhill is not 'a souless dump'...get it more than 20/25% full and it is still a great stadium (albeit it not to the standard of days gone by). Anywhere would be a souless dump when it is often only a quarter full. I imagine Ipox or Porkheid would be 'a souless dump' if they were getting crowds of only 10000/15000.

Popped my New Douglas Park cherry on Friday and was not impressed at all. The seats were manky, the pie stall was a joke and only one open + only one bog open. A 2 sided (in the proper sense) heap.

Get crowds of 4000 or more and Firhill would be a totally different place. So is it Firhill, or is it the size of crowd that is the problem?

Edited by Steven H

Its the crowds at Firhill, more folk are going to friggin Ice hockey Braehead Clan , Rugby- Warriors and BasketballGlasgow Rockets, it reminds me of when American football was popular in Glasgow in the 80s, 90s, when there was the Glasgow Diamonds or what ever they were called, it was a fad.

I just hope the crowds get bigger at Thistle games, but we need a miracle and i can only see it getting worse.

Its the crowds at Firhill, more folk are going to friggin Ice hockey Braehead Clan , Rugby- Warriors and BasketballGlasgow Rockets, it reminds me of when American football was popular in Glasgow in the 80s, 90s, when there was the Glasgow Diamonds or what ever they were called, it was a fad.

I just hope the crowds get bigger at Thistle games, but we need a miracle and i can only see it getting worse.

Unless the directors start pumping some money into the club or a lottery winning jags fanatic happens, can only see things getting worse.

Unless the directors start pumping some money into the club or a lottery winning jags fanatic happens, can only see things getting worse.

Spot on. Unless there is some decent money getting put into the club we will continue to be a mid-table 1st division team with increasingly dropping crowds. It won't be long until we drop into division 2, or worse, go bust. It doesn't help the crowds that we now have nothing to play for and it's only January.

It was great to see a (relatively) large crowd at Firhill, with a great atmosphere being generated too. With the exception of the Morton game that's probably the best atmosphere I have seen at the stadium so far this season. It makes me wonder why the Warriors would want to vacate Firhill for Scotstoun - now that really is a lifeless venue.

• 4 weeks later...