Pttv: Hamilton Highlights

fritzy

Are you off your chump? Caring is one thing, assaulting opponents is something completely different. How does that help the team?

I can't seem to get it full screen, so maybe I'm missing something, but he doesn't appear to move his head towards Imrie, just a shoulder. As I said though, Imrie was hurt so it must have actually been bad, but I hate the guy anyway.

Agree with Mr Tierney's tackle. I didn't think Archie was even looking at Imrie when their heads came together. It's good to see the official site beiung able to put these controversial incidents up for us to view. Remember a few seasons ago the SFL wouldn't allow that.

Thought we should have had a pen in the first half (but so could they) and the 2 powderpuff tackles in the leadup to their goal were awful.

I said on the just in thread that if Archie has deliberately set out to header Imrie then he should be stripped of the Captaincy. Well from this footage it seems clear that Archie was making a back post run, while watching the ball, and Imrie was in his way. If it was a tall centre half on Archie then it would be shoulder to shoulder, but since Imrie is a wee shite it looks like Archies shoulder (or elbow) has caught him. Sore yin for Imrie but not a red card...and certainly not violent conduct.

Did Imrie not also get booked and sent off since it was a second yellow?

And the lump on Archie's head that's visible in Tommy T's pics? Whether it was intentional or not is up for debate, but it was Archie's head that "caught him". Not his shoulder. Not his elbow.

Ok Im gona try to talk physics but if you're about 6ft and you run into something about 5ft 7" that is stationary...side by side, then the first contact is not gona be 'head to face'. Is it not possible that because Archie was moving and Imrie wasn't (plus the height difference, when they collide, Archies momentum has caused his head to jolt forwards? Whatever the contact, it was not intentional, not violent conduct and not assault.

That's an assault. Absolutely ridiculous.

Are you off your chump? Caring is one thing, assaulting opponents is something completely different. How does that help the team?

Strip Archibald of the captaincy.

Archie's head hit Imrie's.

<snip> senior professionals losing their discipline.

Yes, but was it intentional? I think it wasn't and as such these comments are a bit of an over-reaction imo. In fact, I hope we appeal the red card!

Do you agree there was no intent...or even the possibility that there was no intent?

I think he intended to 'do' Imrie, be that via an aggressive shoulder barge (the ball hadn't been played when the incident took place) or a butt. Whatever the case, his recklesness and loss of discipline resulted in a nasty injury to an opponent and a suspension at a time when the team's performing poorly.

I think he intended to 'do' Imrie, be that via an aggressive shoulder barge (the ball hadn't been played when the incident took place) or a butt. Whatever the case, his recklesness and loss of discipline resulted in a nasty injury to an opponent and a suspension at a time when the team's performing poorly.

Och behave, how many times do you see players make runs similar to Archie, before the ball is played? Most of the time, the marker covers the run, Imrie didn't. Reckless? Indisciplined? Assault? Come on drama queen, it's a mans game.

Och behave, how many times do you see players make runs similar to Archie

I see jostling in the box and plenty shirt pulling, but I don't often see players ramrodding others at set pieces. It was reckless, it was indisciplined and it did lead to an action that would be classed as an assault if it happend anywhere other than a sports field.

I see jostling in the box and plenty shirt pulling, but I don't often see players ramrodding others at set pieces. It was reckless, it was indisciplined and it did lead to an action that would be classed as an assault if it happend anywhere other than a sports field.

You dont see players making backpost runs just before the ball is played at corners? Really? Looks like we'll be agreeing to disagree then.