Firhill Punks 80S

The Mighty Quinn

I'd love to get in touch with any one who was a punk during the early 80s and went to the game. I'd love us all to get together because i'm having a retirement party at the beginning of feb, and i was a punk and would love to hear from flea mcdonald, hutchy, baz and rocco hart if u are still about. any other old punks who used to go, i'd probably know you so get in touch

As Jim Delahunt is a man of CONNECTIONS, he will not turn up to your retirement party, BUT will arrange for all members of The Exploited to make a GUEST APPEARANCE. There is no need to thank Jim Delahunt for this service, but instead you will be required to pen a song dedicated to my GLORY and perform it with The Exploited at my trendy west end pad! You can PM to arrange a time and date. Afterwards we can get fair torn into my stash of extremely high quality, imported, limited edition, personally signed by the direct descendants of Mr Artois himself, bottles of Stella! There will be tears, let me assure you!

The Challenge!

I'd love to get in touch with any one who was a punk during the early 80s and went to the game. I'd love us all to get together because i'm having a retirement party at the beginning of feb, and i was a punk and would love to hear from flea mcdonald, hutchy, baz and rocco hart if u are still about. any other old punks who used to go, i'd probably know you so get in touch

How old a punk were you???!!???!!!!? If you're retiring you gotta be minimum 55, so at the earliest 80s you had to be 25. That's geriatric in punk terms.

Let's say that you're 60 now, which would make you AT LEAST 30 in the early 80s. That's not just geriatric, it's also TRAGIC.

Or am I missing something?? In which case, sorry mate...

Didn't personally know the Firhill punks but one of them used to get on my bus going to work in the morning and always wore his Jags scarf if we'd just beat one of the old firm which, as a young lad at the time, thought was exceptionally cool.

.....might well have been one of these this guys in the crowd at 11sec in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCc3waw8pjQ

I remember the punks, looked up to them, going through the city end, looking cool or at least anti establishment, one guy with the big mohawk, spotting them in the shed, I was too young for the punk movement but remember punks hanging about outside virgin in renfield st, have since found punk, thanks to my brother, all the best for the retirement, you are so lucky!

See you for old guy punk sing along at the SLF gig 17th March?

Edited by Hanx78

How old a punk were you???!!???!!!!? If you're retiring you gotta be minimum 55, so at the earliest 80s you had to be 25. That's geriatric in punk terms.

Let's say that you're 60 now, which would make you AT LEAST 30 in the early 80s. That's not just geriatric, it's also TRAGIC.

Or am I missing something?? In which case, sorry mate...

you're only as old as you feel. i'm 57 mate. I was a punk in my 20s. n what about it? Being a punk is all about sticking it to the man and non conformity. by being an old punk i'm a poster boy of the punk movement. o.a.p.- Old age Punk Edited by The Mighty Quinn

As Jim Delahunt is a man of CONNECTIONS, he will not turn up to your retirement party, BUT will arrange for all members of The Exploited to make a GUEST APPEARANCE. There is no need to thank Jim Delahunt for this service, but instead you will be required to pen a song dedicated to my GLORY and perform it with The Exploited at my trendy west end pad! You can PM to arrange a time and date. Afterwards we can get fair torn into my stash of extremely high quality, imported, limited edition, personally signed by the direct descendants of Mr Artois himself, bottles of Stella! There will be tears, let me assure you!

The Challenge!

I don't get it, is this some moron's attempt at humour or something?