Highest Ever Earning Jags Player

chunky jag

Jackie Husband received a double wage by accident in February 1946 earning him 2 shillings and threpence. A club record that stands to this day.

I heard Jackie had to pay the money back in instalments, which may explain why he stayed on at the Club so long after he hung up his boots.

I believe the answer might be Derek Whyte. Seem to remember funny money being talked about when he was at the club.

Charnley says in his book he was used to getting a £15K signing on fee at Firhill. Not that Chico would be our highest earner but signing on fees used to be significant. So if you include that Derek Whyte might well have been our top earner.

I believe the answer might be Derek Whyte. Seem to remember funny money being talked about when he was at the club.

I remember Whyte saying he had better offers on the table but wanted to move back to Glasgow for his kids goin to high school, I'm 90% sure Lambie said he was delighted to sign him for £500 a week. Maybe hefty bonus money or somethin?