Sportscene

Stoggy

Maybe it's just me, but I realised after the OF game at the weekend that I haven't watched Sportscene at all this season, or for that matter a couple of seasons.

I might catch the highlights of a rangers defeat online but I haven't actually watched an SPL game in a long time.

Its probably one of the most boring leagues in Europe, despite Motherwell having a go for 2nd place this season. I just have no interest in watching Dungfermline versus St Mirren, etc, etc, etc.

My dad had a game on a few weeks ago and to be honest I cant even remember who was playing but it was the most boring type of football that the SPL serves up. Then you switch channels and watch the EPL of Championship game and its like a different sport!!!

Saturday night I'll watch Match of the Day, and maybe the League Show, and on sunday I will actually avoid Sportscene and watch MOTD2 after it.

But like I said, maybe its just me...........

It's definitely not just you. My friends have moaned for a while now that Match of the Day isn't on in Scotland until much later due to Sportscene, despite the fact that Sportscene is shite. It isn't just Sportscene, but the whole way Scottish football is presented. The two mates I'm thinking of in particular used to be a Celtic fan and a Rangers fan. The former doesn't really support anyone these days but follows the English, Spanish, German, French and Italian leagues. He'll watch OF games but doesn't really care how they go. The latter used to watch Rangers in the pub most weekends, but only on Thursday or Friday last week did he realise he had a shift during the OF game. We all seem to make a half-decent effort to try and watch EPL matches though.

I watched Sportscene's SPL highlights for the first time in a good few years on iPlayer on Monday night, I could see why nobody cares. It could be presented the same way as MotD is and be a decent show, but there is absolutely no decent analysis (not that MotD is great at that either, but they appear to make an effort), half the games are summarised afterwards rather than recorded live with the game and there are barely any replays during non-OF games. Even the

show how mediocre it is. I reckon they should update this
. I thought some of the stuff played wasn't bad, just poorly presented. Also, the first question Rob MacLean asked Darren Fletcher after the OF highlights wasn't for his insight as a top professional footballer into why Rangers won the game, it was what do you make of Rangers financial situation. I'm so glad someone thought of asking Fletcher about that, we've been waiting all along to hear someone with his economics knowledge and experience to comment.

All coverage of Scottish football is a nightmare. Sportscene is a joke, I actually liked Rob McLean a few years back, but he's woeful on it. The guests are an embarrassment one and all, Paul Hartley looks like he's mesmerised by being on the telly, he's terrified. Kenny Shiels- I hate that *******. The only guest I like is big Mixu!! I still watch it only really out of loyalty to the sport in our country, I think if we won't watch it, who will. And they teuchter who summaries some of the games is cringeworthy, just a long list of cliches. "And the kid-gloves thwarted the Don's goal getter, then it was cleared by the journeyman stopper into the engine room where the midfield dynamo picked it up." It's so bad I sometimes think it's a joke. And don't get me started on Pat Nevin and his wee notepad, please get them all in bus and drive it off a cliff.

But sky isn't much better, the opening credits (almost as bad as Sportscene) with all the fans screaming the team they support. The old git up with the sheep shouting come on Inverness! I would laugh if I wasn't so ashamed. How are David Tanner and Neil McCann not in tears laughing by the time that the camera pans to them? Woeful, amatuer, no class or know-how, much like the game in this country in fact.

All coverage of Scottish football is a nightmare. Sportscene is a joke, I actually liked Rob McLean a few years back, but he's woeful on it. The guests are an embarrassment one and all, Paul Hartley looks like he's mesmerised by being on the telly, he's terrified. Kenny Shiels- I hate that *******. The only guest I like is big Mixu!! I still watch it only really out of loyalty to the sport in our country, I think if we won't watch it, who will. And they teuchter who summaries some of the games is cringeworthy, just a long list of cliches. "And the kid-gloves thwarted the Don's goal getter, then it was cleared by the journeyman stopper into the engine room where the midfield dynamo picked it up." It's so bad I sometimes think it's a joke. And don't get me started on Pat Nevin and his wee notepad, please get them all in bus and drive it off a cliff.

But sky isn't much better, the opening credits (almost as bad as Sportscene) with all the fans screaming the team they support. The old git up with the sheep shouting come on Inverness! I would laugh if I wasn't so ashamed. How are David Tanner and Neil McCann not in tears laughing by the time that the camera pans to them? Woeful, amatuer, no class or know-how, much like the game in this country in fact.

Totally agree. And i thought I was only one who notice the opening credits on Sky. The guy in the pub who shouts "Cmon St Mirren" That is cringeworthy. lol

I’ve not watched it for ages but the production is terrible and frankly I have no interest in it. I watch a handful of SPL games a season (I’m not counting the ones on in the pub on Saturday lunchtimes that I pay absolutely no attention to).

Then again you can't polish a turd.

I’ve not watched it for ages but the production is terrible and frankly I have no interest in it. I watch a handful of SPL games a season (I’m not counting the ones on in the pub on Saturday lunchtimes that I pay absolutely no attention to).

Then again you can't polish a turd.

True, but I think they are making Scottish football look even worse than it is somehow.

I preferred Scotsport. The opening titles on Sportscene as said are just cheesy. Sky's are embarrassing.

I should add not the Scotsport with some guy I can't remember, Sarah O, Graham Spiers playing Elton John on the piano and Delahunt trying to hold the farce together.

Edited by P-R

I preferred Scotsport. The opening titles on Sportscene as said are just cheesy. Sky's are embarrassing.

I should add not the Scotsport with some guy I can't remember, Sarah O, Graham Spiers playing Elton John on the piano and Delahunt trying to hold the farce together.

Jeez I forgot about that! With the fake terrace, and that Julian Sinclair with the accent no-one could understand. Aye and that blonde burd who didn't know the difference between off-side and half time.