Stuart Bannigan

Jaggy1967

Excellent performance this afternoon when he came on as a sub.

Played a blinder last week at left back before his head injury and he slotted very well into midfield today when called upon.

This is the way forward and bursts me to see the Old firm youngsters etc getting a head start against our younger lads.

Cmon Jackie give the boys there chance ffs !

Not just on last week or today to be honest..

We need to take a chance on these lads and let them play,

Can you imagine the level of frustration for them when they feel that they are within touching distance of a start .... only to see rangers and celtic players take their place ?

We need to showcase our youngsters ( as much as it hurts ) to survive.

We will never go anywhere as a club when this continues.

On last week and today he deserves a start.

Edited by Jaggy1967

Not just on last week or today to be honest..

We need to take a chance on these lads and let them play,

Can you imagine the level of frustration for them when they feel that they are within touching distance of a start .... only to see rangers and celtic players take their place ?

We need to showcase our youngsters ( as much as it hurts ) to survive.

We will never go anywhere as a club when this continues.

Totally agree.

Thought he was very good again today, nothing difficult, just playing simple passes at the right time to the right players. This is no easy job as has been shown my many players over the years however! I'd play him until the end of the season, looks like Rowson may well be out for a while anyway so now is his chance to show what he's got.

I agree that I'd like to see more of our youngsters get a game, but I also can't argue with the policy of signing other young players from clubs. At the end of the day, if we sell a player for a decent amount of money I really don't care if he came from the Thistle youth team or anyone elses.

Problem is we are not yet safe, we should be, but we're not. If we do get safe in the next couple of games I'd like to see Fraser, McGrotty, Griffin + others get some game time, it's the only way we'll know if they're good enough (that may already have been decided right enough by Jackie). Burns has had his chance, he's not bad, but he's not 1st division standard. He needs games & goals at a lowed level & may well work his way up the leagues.

I can understand he's got a lot of potential and he's looked good the past few games, but he was used very sparingly in the first half of the season. I know he was on loan last season at Ayr United (helping them to promotion via the play-offs and most of their fans rated him really highly) but I don't think it would have done any harm to have loaned him out again if we we're going to use him. Experience is vital.

Altho' his favoured position is central midfield I don't consider Stuart as a natural replacement for Rowson. Ideally he'd be at his strongest playing alongside DR. Bearing that in mind and the state of the pitch being hardly conducive to his game I thought Bannigan had an excellent match.

I can sort of see McNamara's (and McCall's for that matter) difficulty in selecting some of the younger players. In a ten team league there hardly ever seems an ideal occasion to field them. Bannigan shouldn't come into that reasoning. He played in many pressure games for Ayr last season that includes three 90 min matches against SPL opposition. Stuart has as much experience if not more than some of our regular starts.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett