Jag's Player Goin That Extra Mile

it's always nice when a player goes that extra mile. well done chris. i mind when my wee boy and i met bobby law on maryhill road years ago and bobby gied my wee boy an improvised long throw lesson. mind bobby's long throws to davy irons in the middle? bobby law's long throws were one of my wee boys favourite bits of the game coz we always get goals off it. he stood wae us for ages, throwin balls accross the road then goin to get it n showin my wee boy how to throw it. he didnt have to but he did. tremendous chap. 'dont aim for the man, aim for the air above him.' my boy was pure made up. made my day too.

Not a player, but my old school teacher Robert Reid used to "not see me" at midweek matches when it was clear that the only way I'd got there was by taking the afternoon off school to go on a supporters' bus.

Now that I think about it, he must have been doggin' work as well.

Just in from the Discover Decathlon Day. Paul Paton and Stephen O'Donnell spent hours with the small number of fans and kids who turned up. They were in great spirit, along with Roughie and Maxy. The sight of Stephen O'Donnell in a canoe with some cheerleaders, singing "Mary from Maryhill" with stay with me for life! A few kids wearing the new strip and very smart too.

Community coach was great with organising a two hour kick about. A good day.

Big Mark McGuigan came to our local primary school in Strathblane on Friday and spent a couple of hours with kids signing strips and Thistle memorabilia. Kids and teachers loved it.Well done big man, made my wee fellas day. Hasn`t stopped talking about it since .C`mon the Jags.