Rangers - What Should Happen Now? Your Views

stuart_adam

Rangers  

132 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think should happen now?

• Re-Admitted to the SPL
    • Relegated to the 1st Division
    • Relegated to the 3rd Division
    • Banned for a year and then reapply for Division 3

Given that we're still waiting for the result of the BTC and the EBTs the best idea would be for the SFA to suspend them for a year while the whole sorry saga is sorted out. In the meantime we use the current structure next season and take the opportunity to re-structure the game from top to bottom in time for the start of the 2013-14 season. Move to 2 or 3 bigger divisions under the SFA banner, get rid of the SPL.

Rangers would then join the bottom division, and assuming they gain promotion immediately it will only take them a further 1 or 2 seasons to return to the top flight, by which time their European ban will be over.

Edited by Duck snort

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Some people get some ridiculously far fetched ideas, see poster above.

3rd division is fair and just punishment, same as Livingston.

I went for demoted to 1st div, read what Jim MacInally had to say ans I found myself agreeing with him. To be honest tho, don't really care what happens.

so you want them to come into a div that only has 1 up and destroy our chances :shok: .

why didnt he say the same with livy thats what they did also they will (i think) have a ten pint pen and will not be playing this team if they were in the 3rd div

Some people get some ridiculously far fetched ideas, see poster above.

3rd division is fair and just punishment, same as Livingston.

Do you not think this is the ideal opportunity to re-structure Scottish football for the better? All the fan polls suggest we want a larger leagues so we get rid of the tedium of playing the same teams 4 times a season.

I'd have the NewCo reapply for the vacant spot in division three following the promotions of playoff runners up and Dundee, along with any other clubs considering putting forward a bid. You know, as per the precedents set by clubs that went bust in the past.

I'd have the NewCo reapply for the vacant spot in division three following the promotions of playoff runners up and Dundee, along with any other clubs considering putting forward a bid. You know, as per the precedents set by clubs that went bust in the past.

This. Exactly this.

This. Exactly this.

It would be guaranteed that they would get in. However it could potentially rush through league reconstruction. I expect they'll go straight back into the SPL, despite the number of SPL teams supposed to be opposed to it, somehow it will happen.

It would be guaranteed that they would get in. However it could potentially rush through league reconstruction. I expect they'll go straight back into the SPL, despite the number of SPL teams supposed to be opposed to it, somehow it will happen.

I agree, I would be surprised if they didn't go straight back into the SPL...unless the decision is deferred to the SFA (which it won't be). What they gona do if they are voted back in, but end up relegated because the players they have now have walked away (pardon the pun) to be replaced by average joes? League reconstruction, or just never mind wi relegation or promotion that year. I'd seriously consider chucking it altogether if a newco rangers get straight back into the SPL...and wouldn't blame the Thistle board for chucking it too, I mean, why bother?

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Do you not think this is the ideal opportunity to re-structure Scottish football for the better? All the fan polls suggest we want a larger leagues so we get rid of the tedium of playing the same teams 4 times a season.

Been harping on about it for years. The fixtures are out next week. It won't happen quickly.

The NEWCO as they have now to be called should be binned to the 3rd div and deducted 10 points per season for the next 3 seasons.If the bigot in the cardigan (Walter) gets control he should immediately be asked about his role in the EBT`S used during his tenure and I think we may see him beat a hasty retreat to his local retirement home. RFC........RIH.

I'd seriously consider chucking it altogether if a newco rangers get straight back into the SPL...and wouldn't blame the Thistle board for chucking it too, I mean, why bother?

And that is the crux of the matter that must weigh on every SPL chairmans mind. Sporting Integrity should be first and foremost in their minds, but if they have the slightest doubt on what allowing a newco into the SPL would do for their revenues by voting yes to newco,, then the fact that they could decimate their own home supports (and consequently merchandising and sponsorship revenues) should be the clincher for every single chairman to say NO to newco in SPL, and furthermore, they should vote on a resolution to ban them for a year minimum, and that any newco should be made to apply to the SFL for entry to Div3, and get the SFA and SFL to back this call.

Outwith the h u n support, you have polls from other clubs supports which are on average, 90% for demotion to SFL3, and many of them also wishing to see a year ban from the game. Aberdeen RedArmy polled 97% as an instance. Here, so far the Jags support is 95.6% in favour of demotion to Division 3, with over half of these also of the opinion a year ban is also applicable and just.

So Sky deal is worth £10million from memory ..... so what if clubs lose that? 80% of that revenue automatically goes to the two entities previously known as the Old Firm in years gone by. That means 10 clubs share £200k......thats all the so-called "vital to scottish football" tv deal is worth to clubs in the SPL ..... and i can guarantee you that £200k will be a FRACTION of the revenue that SPL clubs will lose through supporters lost FOREVER to the game, season tickets which will never be bought again, a huge drop in PATG supporters, a dramatic drop in merchandise sales, and local businesses who will not sponsor teams who vote Yes to a newco .....

And, lets be honest, even if the Sky tv deal is lost, there WILL be a new deal of some description to replace it, with either bbc or stv, if not the satellite or subscription channels.....and if shared equally, clubs may find a (for instance) £3M deal could see them actually getting MORE through tv revenues.........and if clubs are seen to be playing in a hunfree league, with greater chance of success and a more level playing field which reflects sporting integrity, supporters may come back to the game, and home support attendances could in fact go UP.

A vote YES for newco in SPL will GUARANTEE a huge decline in home support attendances and revenues across the SPL clubs.

A vote NO for newco in SPL will give every single SPL (and SFL) club a chance of a better future, and see either only a small percentage decline in their revenues, or quite possibly, an increase.

Ban them for a year. Firstly as a sporting punishment, secondly to let the court battles over ownership and creditors be settled. Then, they can apply for membership of SFL, starting in division 3, Historyless.

I'd also like to see any newco be subject to some sanctions for minimum 3 years (ideally 5), whereby they are made to put a percentage of their revenues put into a account which would be shared equitably amongst the long list of creditors .... whoever ends up owning 'The' RFC newco, if they had any conscience, would actually implement this as an effort to show some remorse and aplogy for the sins gone by, but even i know, as right and just as this would be for their misdemeanours, cheating and arrogance, that this last paragraph is just a pipedream on my part.

so you want them to come into a div that only has 1 up and destroy our chances :shok: .

why didnt he say the same with livy thats what they did also they will (i think) have a ten pint pen and will not be playing this team if they were in the 3rd div

Not particularly. Being realistic, they will go somewhere. They will walk the 2nd & 3rd div. I don't think a weak Rangers will automatically win the 1st. I would be happy with them being destroyed but it is not going to happen. Anyway I'm bored with this.

Ideally the club would have to apply for admission to the SFL and battle it out along with the likes of Spartans, Gala and Cove Rangers.

Given that the league will have to bend its rules about accounts - this is as I understand it - and won't allow in a team that doesn't have three years of accounts behind it :head_ball: I suggest that the 'new' Rangers spend a three-year probation period in SFL 3.

Too bad if the club romps it by 100 points every year. Quid pro quo.

I'd also like to see the SFL admit six more teams and reorganise into two leagues of 18.

http://www.telegraph...xture-list.html

The plot is thickening up nicely.

The quote from Malcolm Murray in the last paragraph is laughable.

“We’ve had giant punishments already – a European ban, a 10-point deduction, the emotional trauma everyone has suffered. I think, for the good of Scottish football, it’s much better Rangers in the SPL.”

The only real punishment there is the European ban, hardly giant!