Why Does The Orange Walk Still Exist?

phoenix1876

Tell me why do they insist on marching through areas predominantly populated by Catholics?

Also, why are they generally followed by the dregs of society, pished before it even starts pishing and shiting in every close and doorway they pass? I'm sure there are some relatively normal people following the marches too, but you can't deny the fact it attracts a very large element of scum.

This is one thing that gets on my goat as well mate and i've had a few sore harsh words delt out to some of these idiots the blue bag brigade are not welcome at parades but its up to the police to move these wee feckers on not the Order . What catholic areas are there in Glasgow?? If your talking about last night in Ardoyne you find that geographically the shops are not in a catholic area that particular community walk 300 yards to get offended as no musical instuments are played going past

This is one thing that gets on my goat as well mate and i've had a few sore harsh words delt out to some of these idiots the blue bag brigade are not welcome at parades but its up to the police to move these wee feckers on not the Order . What catholic areas are there in Glasgow?? If your talking about last night in Ardoyne you find that geographically the shops are not in a catholic area that particular community walk 300 yards to get offended as no musical instuments are played going past

I don't know the routes of these marches, so I couldn't tell you. I just remember a Catholic ex of mine telling me she had to rush into shops in Parkhead as they hadn't realised it was "Let's show them how superior we are" day and she was wearing a Celtic top while out shopping.

To me the marches seem archaic and unnecessary, and as I mention above just a means of showing perceived superiority. I don't know the history of the Ardoyne situation, however 300 yards is your local shops, so they will be the shops for the community there, no? Why couldn't they have taken a longer way round?