Why Does The Orange Walk Still Exist?

phoenix1876

Probably because the Orange Order still exists, as does the Act of Settlement.

On the plus side, it is pishing with rain at the moment, so the bowler hatted goons will no doubt be getting absolutely drookit, whilst those of us who inhabit the 21st century are inside remaining nice and dry. :)

Probably because the Orange Order still exists, as does the Act of Settlement.

On the plus side, it is pishing with rain at the moment, so the bowler hatted goons will no doubt be getting absolutely drookit, whilst those of us who inhabit the 21st century are inside remaining nice and dry. :)

Totally agree.

And in the interests of balance....the Hibernian Walks should also be consigned to the dustbin of history.

Is it not an outlet for hatred outwith the footy season? - it helps them get through the close season with their ignorance and primitive hatreds intact - probably constitutes a psychological service for many of them. Keeps those cheeks in trim.

Is it not an outlet for hatred outwith the footy season? - it helps them get through the close season with their ignorance and primitive hatreds intact - probably constitutes a psychological service for many of them. Keeps those cheeks in trim.

Speaking of football ...

AxNHdVsCAAA2auN.jpg

Also, the BNP were campaigning on Buchanan Street. It was quite a day for biggots today. Sometimes I wonder about our species...

I suspect the two might be connected. Not that I can fathom why the BNP might think they could attract new recruits from the attendees of an Orange Order march, but hey ho.

It seems to run in families and small communities (often mining villages), they even have their own compounds (or halls as they call them). Insulation from the modern world and pyschological reinforcement (or brainwashing as it's sometimes called). As someone once said about something else.... you would need to have a heart of stone not to laugh.

Speaking of football ...

AxNHdVsCAAA2auN.jpg

I suspect the two might be connected. Not that I can fathom why the BNP might think they could attract new recruits from the attendees of an Orange Order march, but hey ho.

Are these the Newco's first signings?

Each to their own i say...but its the followers or should i say dangleberries that are the real problem on the march days...its beyond belief the sum of the earth that the marches attract

I'm sure if Desmond Morris ever attended the Orange Walk he would be able to write a follow up to the Naked Ape as he would no doubt find the missing link particulary amongst the followers

Tell me why do they insist on marching through areas predominantly populated by Catholics?

Also, why are they generally followed by the dregs of society, pished before it even starts pishing and shiting in every close and doorway they pass? I'm sure there are some relatively normal people following the marches too, but you can't deny the fact it attracts a very large element of scum.

Tell me why do they insist on marching through areas predominantly populated by Catholics?

Also, why are they generally followed by the dregs of society, pished before it even starts pishing and shiting in every close and doorway they pass? I'm sure there are some relatively normal people following the marches too, but you can't deny the fact it attracts a very large element of scum.

Hear hear. Marching with the bowler hatted mob is a fitting pastime for the intellectually compromised. They are a shower of brain-dead bigots in my opinion.