Sfl Should Postpone Vote

javeajag

i dont understand how the SFL can vote on Sevco next week....

1. Charles Green has not actually yet bought some of the assets of Rangers FC but has a conditional agreement to do so by the end of july. the conditional clauses in the contract are unknown

2. Sevco is not yet a member of the SFA

3. The SFA Appeal Committee has not yet made its judgement

4. The tax case is still unresolved

The SFL face the ludicrous possibility of approving membership to a company that that:

a. does not proceed with the assets purchase of Rangers FC

b. does not gain SFA membership

c. gets suspended by the SFA appeals panel

d. goes straight back into administration

And given everything else postponing the vote would put the ball back to where it belongs.

I believe Raith Rovers have made some of these points. So it's not as if the clubs will be unaware of this (though I'm not too sure about our own board).

These guys (SPL/SFA/SFl), supposed representatives of the game, are actually pursuing a line that endangers the game up here. (Yet they lie that not accepting their proposals is the danger, talk about Newspeak).

Why on earth are they doing this? I think part of the answer is in the figures for TV money the StJ fan posted on the web which show what a poor deal we have. Yes originally we had to make a quick deal when Sentana went bust (though still think we could have got a better deal if they'd had some balls and not panicked) but Doncaster and his cronies just agreed the £80M over 5 years deal (£16M a year) recently while the last one had 2 years to run - and SPL was under no pressure. Why not hold out for a better deal? We see how BT are looking to get into footie now.

Fact is I think these guys are so incompetent they are incapable of negotiating seriously and incapable of coming up with new ideas for finance. They agree to a deal (which is easy since Sky want lots football and will pay reasonably well even for rubbish) and then announce something 3rd rate as if it is a triumph - helped by the monkey media who go along with it.

But my point is this: they are terrified of a situation completely different from that which has run along without them having to do much; terrified of a situation in which they will have to really negotiate hard, really look for new ideas and innovation to help the game. A situation in which they will be shown up to be the useless time servers they are.

Of course, I did say that was only part of it. One of the other parts is the close connections certain of these people have with the undead corpse of RFC: #cough# EBTs #cough#.

Edited by Mr Bunny