Monday Morning Centre Forward

MMCF

You might have missed Michael Johnston, Chairman of Kilmarnock Football Club, earlier this week banging on about how the SPL have reached financial stability with their new broadcasting deal and how things are not going to be as bad as was feared. Johnston, who revealed there are no planned changes to the SPL's financial distribution model or voting rights may not have noticed that his prized possession of last year, one Dean Shields, whom Killie could not afford to re-sign, has gone and put on a pair of boots for a team, whom we will not mention here, but whose past crimes and misdemeanors also include creaming off other people's talent by incentivising them with wages that they themselves could not really afford without refusing to pay bills owed to other people..

Now, can Mr Johnston, or anyone else for that matter, tell me what has truely changed in Scottish football?

And as for commercial/financial stability, is everyone other than this writer not noticed that the team invited to replace the organisation that went bankrupt have themselves gone into Administration twice in the last, what is it, for it happens with such regularity that I cannot keep up, eight years?

Call me cynical.

Call me a poison-minded punter with a keyboard and a modem

Even call me a bigot, if you're as Green as the grass.

But don't ever think that I'm stupid.

And the crawling media is the same as ever....

Today's Sunday Herald had a predictable and tedious piece on a certain SFL3 club that was 4x the size of the total coverage given to 12 games in the League Cup (which produced 50 goals in regulation time). Better still, the footnote to the article had a phone number which readers could call to purchase a season ticket for said club....

It's a shame in the current situation that Scottish football finds itself, that the Sunday Herald didn't put similar contact details for (any of) the other 41 senior clubs......

Today's Sunday Herald had a predictable and tedious piece on a certain SFL3 club that was 4x the size of the total coverage given to 12 games in the League Cup (which produced 50 goals in regulation time). Better still, the footnote to the article had a phone number which readers could call to purchase a season ticket for said club....

It's a shame in the current situation that Scottish football finds itself, that the Sunday Herald didn't put similar contact details for (any of) the other 41 senior clubs......

I often buy the Sunday Herald but never really saw it as biased, that's why I buy it instead of rags like the SM (S&M more like) but reading that piece yesterday has me questioning ...

I thought it was outrageous. I might even complain officially. Maybe we all should. It's not something that I've done before till I decided to after an idiotic and childish comment by Gary Lineker on the beeb last week, about how we'd all be glad how Team GB had 2 medals but Germany hadn't won any yet. Sums that silly little man up really, but it did make me think that if we never complain then we only have ourselves to blame. Of course the complaint was batted back, saying it was just a humorous comment, but the Sunday Herald can't claim anything like that so...let's get to it.

Edited by beep0608

Surely the 11 other SPL clubs plan on forcing through a new voting structure asap before Sevco get back there? Otherwise absolutely nothing will have changed.

You would have thought that, but for some reason, its gone all quiet on that front, and there seems to be a distinct lack of movement and public proclomations on it. Wonder why.

You would have thought that, but for some reason, its gone all quiet on that front, and there seems to be a distinct lack of movement and public proclomations on it. Wonder why.

There's plenty of time, surely? I can't imagine that they'd let the 11-1 stand. The old firm media would not want to be talking about it just now I guess, hoping it will magically be forgotten about, but surely.....

The Sunday Herald and The Herald have lost a lot of their journalists to cuts. They have unfortunately gone downhill in terms of content and editorial quality. We don't have a decent newspaper left in Scotland, so I get my sport and news from the Guardian; Scottish football coverage limited but improving (had some good Sevco pieces).

The Sunday Herald and The Herald have lost a lot of their journalists to cuts. They have unfortunately gone downhill in terms of content and editorial quality. We don't have a decent newspaper left in Scotland, so I get my sport and news from the Guardian; Scottish football coverage limited but improving (had some good Sevco pieces).

Fair enough, but here's one that isn't very good:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/05/spl-counts-cost-of-rangers-banishment?newsfeed=true

Eh?

Ach, I spend too much time media trawling.

There was a reference (which you can tell annoyed me) on a certain sports programme on Radio Scotland on Saturday last, where the host, The Mr Traynor, spent some time describing the quality of debate on sites such as this as mainly poor, verging on the malicious and the content at times poisonous. Not like the quality of writing and commentary that you get in the Daily Wretched.

And, of course, you cannot forget a certain "entrepreneur" who had described actions taken against his lovely new blue toy as being driven by bigotry. Which would be okay were it not for the fact that the business that he now controls (could be wrong haven't checked today) was sprung from the loins of an organisation which spent the vast majority of its history actively not signing players of a certain religious background.

But hey, that's all in the past. Lets not dwell on sectarian sins and debts that we didn't pay.

Let's just get back to playing football and forget all about hundreds of millions that the Exchequer didn't get and all those titles that we wont surrender blah blah blah

Roll on Saturday when I can get back to my place of appointed pain/pleasure.

Really ought to get out more

Bloody closed season!