Catalan Independence

sigesige00

According to the media, the Catalan parliament has decided to have a referendum about independence from España (Spain).

As an internationalist communist, my position is "Spoil your ballot" or "Don't vote" (I have not decided which is better).

By the way, if Catalunya went independent, what would happen in the sports?

How about the Classico (Real Madrid vs. Barcelona)? Would Catalan clubs join the Liga Española like Swansea City and Cardiff City?

And would Andorra join an independent Catalunya? Since the French President has veto about that, I cannot predict what would happen to the status of Andorra.

According to the media, the Catalan parliament has decided to have a referendum about independence from España (Spain).

As an internationalist communist, my position is "Spoil your ballot" or "Don't vote" (I have not decided which is better).

How about the Classico (Real Madrid vs. Barcelona)? Would Catalan clubs join the Liga Española like Swansea City and Cardiff City?

And would Andorra join an independent Catalunya? Since the French President has veto about that, I cannot predict what would happen to the status of Andorra.

First Catalunya has a massive budget deficit even by Spanish Standards so its economic suicide to vote yes ,Second whats the advantage to Andorra to lose its independance and tax haven status ?

After spending several hours this morning going through the relevant records, I am unable to find anything, either online or manually, that shows when either of the Welsh-based clubs you refer to joined the Liga Española.

Could you post a link, please?

Thanks.

Edited by Blackpool Jags

First Catalunya has a massive budget deficit even by Spanish Standards so its economic suicide to vote yes ,Second whats the advantage to Andorra to lose its independance and tax haven status ?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/sep/11/barcelona-march-catalan-independence

According to the Guardian article, independence is quite likely.

And you are right that the ruling elite of Andorra and the Bishop of Urgell would not like to see Andorra joining an independent Catalunya, but the nationalist sentiment of the people in Andorra may change the situation.

http://www.guardian....an-independence

According to the Guardian article, independence is quite likely.

And you are right that the ruling elite of Andorra and the Bishop of Urgell would not like to see Andorra joining an independent Catalunya, but the nationalist sentiment of the people in Andorra may change the situation.

Sige Sige - no it states 51% of people in a survey support a breakaway now thats a poll ,currently there has been no counter arguement from those who wish to remian in Spain as there is no firm proposal ,an estimated million to protest fine ,but more double that took to the streets to see Barca parade the Champions League Cup - 10% possibly more of Catalunya is non Catalan - they take to the streets you have nearly the same amount shouting for seperation shouting for the status quo - Catalunya needs a bailout from Madrid ,Spain needs a bailout from Europe,Catalunya cannot stand alone without Spain for at least a decade.Protests are not real votes and the Spanish like to protest -its sunny - thats why revolution cannot happen in Scotland - it rains all the time.

As for Andorra there is no Pro Catalan Party and no chance of Andorra joining Catalunya - my prefered party in Andorra is the Grup d'Unió Parroquial Independents - which seeks greater autonomy for Ordino- which is a bit like looking for greater autonomy for Firhill Road.

What will be of interest is that the unrest in Catalunya will strengthen the resolve of Spain to block any attempy by the SNP to discuss terms of joining the EU by the SNP prior to the vote in 2014 ,they will simply block it to discourage Catalunya and the Basque region using Scotland as a precident.

From a Football perspective Barca are finished the large Regional Govt Grants to fund there Youth scheme will dry up - no more Messi from La Masia ,no more back door subisidies from the Catalan Nationalists - Catalunya Mes Que En Club - Visca Pericos

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

Sige Sige - no it states 51% of people in a survey support a breakaway now thats a poll ,currently there has been no counter arguement from those who wish to remian in Spain as there is no firm proposal ,an estimated million to protest fine ,but more double that took to the streets to see Barca parade the Champions League Cup - 10% possibly more of Catalunya is non Catalan - they take to the streets you have nearly the same amount shouting for seperation shouting for the status quo - Catalunya needs a bailout from Madrid ,Spain needs a bailout from Europe,Catalunya cannot stand alone without Spain for at least a decade.Protests are not real votes and the Spanish like to protest -its sunny - thats why revolution cannot happen in Scotland - it rains all the time.

As for Andorra there is no Pro Catalan Party and no chance of Andorra joining Catalunya - my prefered party in Andorra is the Grup d'Unió Parroquial Independents - which seeks greater autonomy for Ordino- which is a bit like looking for greater autonomy for Firhill Road.

What will be of interest is that the unrest in Catalunya will strengthen the resolve of Spain to block any attempy by the SNP to discuss terms of joining the EU by the SNP prior to the vote in 2014 ,they will simply block it to discourage Catalunya and the Basque region using Scotland as a precident.

From a Football perspective Barca are finished the large Regional Govt Grants to fund there Youth scheme will dry up - no more Messi from La Masia ,no more back door subisidies from the Catalan Nationalists - Catalunya Mes Que En Club - Visca Pericos

i bloody hope so, but the no vote have our secret weapon........... the sturg and the fact that wee eck cant/wont answer a question without getting the lawyers in