Song For Erskine

partick monkey

Last week after putting 2 by Kenny Arthur, Chris Erskine was subbed in the second half along side Steven Lawless. I though Erskine had an amazing game and I have absolutely no doubt that had he stayed on he'd have got at least a hat-trick. Lawless also had a great game and probably would have had another goal if he wasn't subbed too.

My point is, as they were walking off the field, Lawless got his name chanted but Erskine didnae... I reckon there is no reason for this other than we don't really have an Erskine song. I think we should.

Here's my shitey efforts so far...

To that "SPL, you're havin' a laugh" song we sang at East End Park earlier this season,

"You've just been skinned....by Chris Erskine

You've just been skinned....by Chris Erskine....."

Sung just after he's ripped someone a new one.

Or... to the tune of D.I.S.C.O

"Chris Erskinhio...

Chris Erskinhio"

Any more suggestion?

*Disclaimer. I know these are shite... I've been drinking. :blush:

Last week after putting 2 by Kenny Arthur, Chris Erskine was subbed in the second half along side Steven Lawless. I though Erskine had an amazing game and I have absolutely no doubt that had he stayed on he'd have got at least a hat-trick. Lawless also had a great game and probably would have had another goal if he wasn't subbed too.

My point is, as they were walking off the field, Lawless got his name chanted but Erskine didnae... I reckon there is no reason for this other than we don't really have an Erskine song. I think we should.

Here's my shitey efforts so far...

To that "SPL, you're havin' a laugh" song we sang at East End Park earlier this season,

"You've just been skinned....by Chris Erskine

You've just been skinned....by Chris Erskine....."

Sung just after he's ripped someone a new one.

Or... to the tune of D.I.S.C.O

"Chris Erskinhio...

Chris Erskinhio"

Any more suggestion?

*Disclaimer. I know these are shite... I've been drinking. :blush:

Already singing Chris Erskinhhhhho

I liked the Chris Erskine song to the tune of the Maxi Rodrigues song Liverpool used to sing (these bawbags nicked our Coming Down The Road song) but it never reallt caught on. I think it was created by a bunch of wasted lads at Blyth away but after we all got home with 'the fear' it never really got sung properly after that.

But confinging that to Brown Ale's history last week I noticed that a few Thistle fans had created a Stevie Lawless nicked from Man City. It's to the tune of 90's dance favourite No Limit by 2Unlimited. And we were giving it 'Stevie Stevie Stevie (too many pints to figure how many Steve's it is) LAWLESS.

What we should do is that for Stevie Lawless but instead of repeating it go Chrissy Chrissy Chrissy (too many pints to figure how many Chrissy's it is) ERSKINE. And then go back to the Lawless one, then the Erskine one, then the Lawless one...

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

How about:

The Bridge

The Bridge will tear you apart, again.

The Bridge

The Bridge will tear you apart, again.

To the tune of Love Will Tear Us Apart by Joy Division. I know it isn't exactly orginal - Man Utd fans have been singing something similar in honour of Ryan Giggs for about ten years now - but come on, it has than daft song that was doing the rounds last season, the one sung to the the Heartbeat them tune.