Just How Good Is This Team ?

Jaggy1967

Problem is we don't realistically know what division we'll be playing in next season. It would be a massive gamble to sign up the out of contract players like Erskine on SPL wages only to pipped at the post for the promotion slot.

I think Darren Jackson (Erskine's agent) will be sorting out a move for him after Christmas...

The same Darren Jackson who coaches our strikers and is one of Jackie's good mates. Perhaps I'm being naive but I think we're quite fortunate that Jackson is Erskine's agent instead of some vulture like Viola or the likes who would have signed him over to the highest bidder at the first opportunity. Same goes for SOD who is represented by Neil McCann.

I'm keeping my feet on the ground. It was only January that most of the same players were awful, a disgrace and should be sacked. There were also calls for Jackie to go.

Of course this was knee jerk reaction to a cup defeat and people were hurting. Now less than a year later we are making comparisons to 71 side.

For me a bit of level headiness is required. Yes things are fantastic right now and showing patience in this young crop is paying off. Always believed Jackie was good choice for manager but needed time to get the squad the way he wanted it and playing his way. a great deal of work has been done on the mental strength of the players, really getting them to believe in themselves. The summer signings have been fantastic.

Like most i'm worried about Fox, but if Scully is to get his chance, lets get right behind him. Slagging him on forums and the like will do his confidence no good. He's made some mistakes in the past but he has also turned in Man of the Match performances to.

January is scaring the crap out of me. Can we get through the month with the squad intact, can we add to it. Hopefully we keep everyone, add Craig, Forbes and maybe one more.

Feel good factor around club is fantastic. I hope we can build on it and make this season memorable. I firmly believe we can.