Super Groups

Alan Blues

The Quo will be brill. Still rockin' and still the originals.

I saw the Hollies around 10 years ago when they had ex-Move singer Carl Wayne (RIP) singing. They were really good; Tony Hicks is an excellent guitarist.

Shame Allan Clarke, the original vocalist, didn't Carrie Anne singing for a few more years so allowing the Hollies to retain their distinctive original sound.

Great threads these, in fact they're The Air That I Breathe.

Now Now lads, let's not get "Paranoid" about having a" Black Night" and getting" Down Down" about it cos" I'm still standing"

and I'll not" Walk On" without my girlfriend "Carrie Anne" by my side but i may "Run to You" for some help at some point!

Now Now lads, let's not get "Paranoid" about having a" Black Night" and getting" Down Down" about it cos" I'm still standing"

and I'll not" Walk On" without my girlfriend "Carrie Anne" by my side but i may "Run to You" for some help at some point!

I first saw Status Quo in the early / mid 70s, then Again And Again. I didn't particularly like them but my then girlfriend, Caroline was living on the Wild Side Of Life and made me Roll Over (and) Lay Down and go to their concerts. I would just say Whatever You Want, dear. :(

More groups coming to Oz, In yesterday's paper it had ads for a mega concert with Kiss, Motley Crue and Thin Lizzy next March

then another ad for Ringo Starr and his allstar band, then another for Carol King. So that make next Feb, March and April 3 big

months for Super Group Gigs here in Sydney. All we need now are the Rolling Stones, Jethro Tull, Queen with Paul Rodgers,

Mott the Hoople, Rainbow and we're on a roll!

• 2 weeks later...

Gary Puckett and The Union Gap alos coming next year. Geez when will it all end???

In about 5 years when they all pop their clogs! Then you can look forward to the next generation of supergroups, you know, ABC, Human League, Kajagoogoo, Culture Club etc. Of course the Aussies will love that, mullets a go-go.

In about 5 years when they all pop their clogs! Then you can look forward to the next generation of supergroups, you know, ABC, Human League, Kajagoogoo, Culture Club etc. Of course the Aussies will love that, mullets a go-go.

I happen to be Scottish born n' bred but live in Australia by choice and have done for the past 25 years. You should give it a go mate

before you start to slag the Aussies mate. You never know mate you might just like it or do you just love the really bad weather you suffer every day ?

I happen to be Scottish born n' bred but live in Australia by choice and have done for the past 25 years. You should give it a go mate

before you start to slag the Aussies mate. You never know mate you might just like it or do you just love the really bad weather you suffer every day ?

My wife is Australian, my son was born in Wollongong, I go to Oz every two years, we're moving permanently in 3 years. The weathers great but there's still too many bogans with mullets :thumbsup2:

My wife is Australian, my son was born in Wollongong, I go to Oz every two years, we're moving permanently in 3 years. The weathers great but there's still too many bogans with mullets :thumbsup2:

As is the case in NSW. For culture and refinement you need to come to Melbourne. I've lived here for nearly 30 years, been all over the country, and couldn't live anywhere else. It's also the sporting and restaurant capital of the country. :thumbsup: