Dumbarton Crowd

Harry Wragg

Of those who were there, can you tell me if the section allocated to Thistle was full or not ? I couldnt get in coz i was told there was no cash gate and no tickets left for sale at the ground, and yet the crowd figure according to the press was 500 short of capacity, could we have been given a larger allocation ? Methinks this was a tactic of the Sons to weaken the "12th man" !! Mind you an extra few hundred might not have done it anyway but its the first time ive never been able to get into a ground to see a football match !! And to the negative fans who reckoned the Jags were bad , the radio pundits were raving about the high standard served up at all the games on Sat as were the paper reports today.

Of those who were there, can you tell me if the section allocated to Thistle was full or not ?

To me it seemed full. Everywhere around me was packed and there was one guy who struggled to find a seat for the first 20-30 minutes of the game.

could we have been given a larger allocation ?

I don't think so, due to the layout of the stadium. Thistle were all the way up to, and just above the tunnel. Giving us a bigger allocation would have meant Thistle fans had to cross the tunnel area. Add in the fact the Police deemed it a "high profile" game meant we were given the maximum allocation we could have been.

I couldnt get in coz i was told there was no cash gate and no tickets left for sale at the ground

Why did you think there would be a cash gate given we'd been told on 19th December it was an all-ticket fixture..

only asked if there was a cash gate , didnt expect them to have one but no harm in asking, i drove thru to the park, so im going to try my luck, accepted the inevitable and theres a first time for everything , hope it never happens to you G Sus !! I cried all the way home !!!!

I was just asking, that's all.

I think the official site said there were 30 tickets or so left on Friday that were returned to the Sons who then put them up for sale prior to the game between 12 and 1 IIRC.

Hmmm, my brother called the club on Sat morning and was told there were no tickets, they could have at least told him that.

It wasn't full at all. I said this in another thread.

We were over at the far end of the stand and there were at least 20-30 seats empty, maybe more. Was good for us because we all ended up being able to stand together but very poor that people were turned away from the ground when there were 500 empty seats.