Winter Wonderland

partickthedog

1 minute 20 seconds into what previously appeared to be an English football dominated compilation of past occasions when football and snow collide, suddenly the old Main Stand at Firhill looms into view and three gentlemen amble out on to the snowy surface. Anyone able to identify them? My memory does not go back that far.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21082815

Hope this link works, but if not it is easily found on the bbc.co.uk/football website.

Apologies if the commentary mentions the names. The computer I am at does not have speakers, so I was watching but not able to listen.

1 minute 20 seconds into what previously appeared to be an English football dominated compilation of past occasions when football and snow collide, suddenly the old Main Stand at Firhill looms into view and three gentlemen amble out on to the snowy surface. Anyone able to identify them? My memory does not go back that far.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/21082815

Hope this link works, but if not it is easily found on the bbc.co.uk/football website.

Apologies if the commentary mentions the names. The computer I am at does not have speakers, so I was watching but not able to listen.

Do not usually reply to my own posts, but just got commentary and this relates to a 15 times postponed match between "Inverness Thistle" and Falkirk. I am beginning to doubt my own sanity. That is the old Firhill, is it not??

Edited by partickthedog

Do not usually reply to my own posts, but just got commentary and this relates to a 15 times postponed match between "Inverness Thistle" and Falkirk. I am beginning to doubt my own sanity. That is the old Firhill, is it not??

Nope! It's the old Kingsmill Park of Inverness Thistle, of blessed memory.

Nope! It's the old Kingsmill Park of Inverness Thistle, of blessed memory.

Many thanks. I stand corrected. The height of the stand, the placing of the stanchions and the "box arrangement" round the corporate seating are all similar to my mental impression of the Main Stand at Firhill. I will go today and look across and realise how wrong I was!!!