Donnelly Staying?

Hopeless Unbeliever

Gareth Evans would be a good choice. He has his team playing a similar style to ourselves and knows the division and our players - the fact he's an ex Jag is an added bonus.

He is also, in grand scheme of things, only long-term caretaker manager at Livi. Don't believe he is on any long contract, and any compo (if any) would be small - for when he took over from Hughes in November, it was announced it would be "on an on-going basis" and "for the foreseeable future", but nothing stated publically has mentioned length of contract (or any new contract), and i have heard it from a Livi supporting collegue, Evans is only tied to them until May (don't know how true this last claim is).

One of central reasons he was given the job for now was because "he understood the passing machine footballing philosophy" Livi are aiming for and "the continuation of the importance of youth development.at the club" for which he was involved in prior to Yogi leaving.

Not sure how we can have been shafted when Beattie made it clear that with McNamara and Donnelly signing new contracts a few weeks ago would mean increased compo if anyone nicked them. Am I wrong in thinking it was the ** £100,000 compo that McCall had on his head that scared Dundee away when they wanted him

** sure that was the figure quoted at the time but not deffo!

I thought it was £200,000?

Still no chuffed at McNamara leaving, thought he might have done a Terry Butcher and stayed on till the job was finished. If Donnelly stays it would add some consistencey to the club set up. No matter what happens my concern is that the players keep to their task and win promotion for the club regardless of who's manager.