Virgin Media Tivo Box?

DPO

Not sure on the monthly rental cots, sorry. Virgin though i think is better than sky and with the tivo box you get a lot more options. Vast Selection of TV on demand, Catch up tv for bbc, itv, ch5 and ch5 which is hand and better than going online. The tivo part am not sure, never really used it much. Mostly it recommends shows and allows you to search your shows by actors and things like that.

When i telephone the Virgin media call centre they never give me a straight answer :frantic:

With this, you might have answered your own question. Whatever the technical capabilities or bling of the box itself, they are a nightmare of a company to deal with. Having cancelled my telephone/broadband service with them in October 2012 they continue to send me letters with an ever increasing bill that they allege I owe to them, claiming that I actually requested to retain these services. So far they have failed to produce evidence of the request and respond to my email enquiries with something so obscure it must have been randomly generated by an automatic translator. They also have no viable complaints procedure.

You have been warned.

With this, you might have answered your own question. Whatever the technical capabilities or bling of the box itself, they are a nightmare of a company to deal with. Having cancelled my telephone/broadband service with them in October 2012 they continue to send me letters with an ever increasing bill that they allege I owe to them, claiming that I actually requested to retain these services. So far they have failed to produce evidence of the request and respond to my email enquiries with something so obscure it must have been randomly generated by an automatic translator. They also have no viable complaints procedure.

You have been warned.

Good shout, JB. I've heard similar tales about them.

Got my Tivo box and already having problems with the apps, the box keeps crashing and it takes forever

to start up, don't know if i like, prefered the old box and remote much easier, hate the Tivo remote.

Has anyone else had problems with their Tivo box and can you return it?

And yes the Youtube channel on Tivo sucks!

Got my Tivo box and already having problems with the apps, the box keeps crashing and it takes forever

to start up, don't know if i like, prefered the old box and remote much easier, hate the Tivo remote.

Hell mend Ye!

Sounds like you've been unlucky - had mine over a year and no issues.