Out Of Contract Players

Jagsman

Think that's a bit harsh on Erskine. Queens dealt with our midfield very well. Erskine stepped up a gear in extra time and with him, Doolan, Forbes and Elliott on the park we started to look a little more of a threat, something we failed in the opening 90 minutes. This could be because both teams tired and a handful of our players didn't (as a handful of Queens also didn't).

I hope you are right mate and you probably are but the thought did cross my mind and it's not beyond the realms of possibility.But right now what we need is positivity so I will withdraw that thought and go with your own more trusting and positive explanation.

I would be quite gutted if we went up and Paton and Erskine didn't stay. We've shown incredible loyalty to both players, both of whom have been made captain at some stage this season, and so I think on the proviso that we go up, they should feel that they at least reward their hard work in getting us there by leading us out.

Erskine was plucked from the juniors by us and has turned into one of the most skilful players in the division and Paton has been transformed by this club. I understand McNamara had a lot to do with it but he has always seemed to show that he loves the club, I would hope that Paton, at least, and captains us in the SPL.

I think if they stay with us for one season in the SPL and decide to leave after that, I could take it. Not so sure about anything other than that unless we don't go up.

• Members

They've both served us well, especially this season and I sincerely hope Chris has got at least one more stunning Firhill goal (preferably tomorrownight!) in him if he is leaving at the end of the season. If they leave good luck to them, except when they're up against us of course. ;)

• Members

Just got a text from an Arab mate who says over on one of the dufc forums that the big rumour today is that bannigan will be off to united......

Thanks for joining the forum just to tell us that. Under contract for another year, United will have to pay for him and they don't like spending cash these days it seems.

I honestly don't think any of the rumours are to be believed. First it was Paton, then SOD, then Erskine, then Dools, now Bannigan...

Of course there is always going to be rumours about our players (top of league, close to end of season, contracts running out etc) but I wouldn't get too worried about any of our players signing pre contracts at the moment. Once (if) the league is wrapped up soon then I'm sure Archie will begin offering new contracts to the players he wants next season and that will cool off all the "I've heard so n so is going to..." chat

• Members

I expect our Board will have told the players to not make any decisions till we see where we are. The players would be daft to accept anything before hearing what the Club, where they are seemingly enjoying the team spirit, is going to offer them once we know where we are.

• Like 1

Thanks for joining the forum just to tell us that. Under contract for another year, United will have to pay for him and they don't like spending cash these days it seems.

I would hope that our board would turn any offer from McNamara/DUFC for Bannigan.