Ptfc Tartan Tie

Seoras

Hi Jaggernaut, the old fashion bunnet and scarf is the black bunnet with thin red and yellow srtipes on it and the Thistle badge impressed on it several times between the stripes. The local D M Hoey's in New City Road was a source for them but they are long gone. The scarf had the same design. I suppose I'm clutching at straws but thought it would be worth a try on this website.

Hi Jaggernaut, the old fashion bunnet and scarf is the black bunnet with thin red and yellow srtipes on it and the Thistle badge impressed on it several times between the stripes. The local D M Hoey's in New City Road was a source for them but they are long gone. The scarf had the same design. I suppose I'm clutching at straws but thought it would be worth a try on this website.

Got it. I'd forgotten about those old bunnets; they were brilliant; haven't seen anybody wearing one for decades. The scarves too. I actually have one of those, but it's too precious to wear! Quite a few folk still wearing them at matches, I notice. Thought about making an offer? Somebody might agree to part with theirs.

We've got TOFFS for a few old-time jerseys. It would be great (and maybe even lucrative) if a company would set up to do the same for old-fashioned club scarves (and ties).

• Like 1

I managed to get a Partick Thistle tartan tie at Slanj in Glasgow, they have one or two left but might reorder them. On leaving Slanj I noticed thay also sell tartan bunnets so will contact them to see if the Jags tartan would be available in bunnet form.

I managed to get a Partick Thistle tartan tie at Slanj in Glasgow, they have one or two left but might reorder them. On leaving Slanj I noticed thay also sell tartan bunnets so will contact them to see if the Jags tartan would be available in bunnet form.

I'd definitely go for one of those for next winter!

We've got TOFFS for a few old-time jerseys. It would be great (and maybe even lucrative) if a company would set up to do the same for old-fashioned club scarves (and ties).

A friend of mine has just started selling 60s/70s style Rangers and Celtic scarves. I asked him about doing a thistle one but apparently the minimum order is 1,600 and he's not sure whether there would be enough demand to justify that amongst Thistle fans.