Aussie Visit

Partick Panther

Last Saturday night 84,000 packed into the Olympic Stadium in Sydney to watch the A-League Allstars v Man Utd game which Man Utd won 5-1.Great stuff by UTD. They even managed to get just under 22,000 to the Man Utd training session on the Friday Night. Tonight we have Liverpool v Melbourne Victory at the Melbourne Cricket Ground and more than 90,000 tickets have been sold. They even managed to get more than 24 thousand at the Liverpool training session last night. Sydney managed to take in more than $16 million in trade over the week that Utd were in town. The draw of man Utd was really evident outside the stadium where there were dozens of Caravans selling Man Utd merchandise. When Liverpool arrived in Melbourne the players were mobbed by hundreds of Liverpool Fans. They too will have dozens of Caravans selling their merchandise tonight. The Aussie F.A are now talking about having a tournament next year with maybe Real Madrid or Barcelona as well as possibly Man Utd, Liverpool or Chelsea being involved. Such is the pulling power of these teams that Australia and in particular Sydney and Melbourne can't lose financially. I'd love to see the same pulling power if Rangers or Celtic came over but I definitely doubt they'd have the same attraction. So well done to Utd and Liverpool for coming over here and putting on a great show for all Football fans in Australia who can only watch the EPL if they have Pay T.V.

Celtic came out here a couple of years ago and played Melbourne Victory at AAMI park in Melbourne. I was at the game which Celtic won 1-0 in front of a crowd of about 30,000 but they wouldn't have the pulling power to fill the MCG. I think they were surprised by Victory who took the game to Celtic, and I'm watching the Liverpool game as I type, and again, Victory seem to be holding their own. I'll find out tomorrow night at training what the atmosphere was like on the pitch in front of 95,000 because I'm in the same training group as one of the ARs.

I didn't see the game as I couldn't find my Bliddy Aerial CableI didn't see the game last night as I couldn't get Channel "7 Mate" so I can't comment on the match which Liverpool won 2-0 in front of 95,000 fans who gave a lifting rendition of "You'll never walk alone" That would've been great to see and hear!

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't see the game as I couldn't find my Bliddy Aerial CableI didn't see the game last night as I couldn't get Channel "7 Mate" so I can't comment on the match which Liverpool won 2-0 in front of 95,000 fans who gave a lifting rendition of "You'll never walk alone" That would've been great to see and hear!

i cant stand liverpool, murdering scumbag hypocrites. they constantly go on about how they were wronged at hillsborough, but what about all they juve fans they murdered at heysel? Edited by The Mighty Quinn