Backing Not Sacking

Fawlty Towers

First up, I was playing devils advocate but interesting people are questioning my sanity.

Let's look at the facts.

Campbell took over a sinking ship & although he was the man that ultimately took us down, the seeds were sown by the BoD of the time, Gerry Collins then Britton & Whyte. He was tasked with getting us out the second division which he did the consolidate our position in Div 1 - which he never got chance to finish as BoD acted as felt he was tactically inept for the league.

Plenty folk arguing that Archibald got us up & is tasked with keeping us in the SPFL. Not too dissimilar to Campbell albeit a league lower. No?

So continuing in the devils advocate mode..,

Progress.... ??? Not sure you can say that. We're going backwards in terms of league position & style of football we're playing.

Good young players... Average age of the team has gone up since 1st game of season & young players being pushed aside for experience- Fox, SoD, Muirhead, Craigen.

Good style of football.... Has been sacrificed of late & seen more long balls in past 3 months than in past 2 seasons put together.

As did Dick Campbell so why were you not keen on him?

& what's Archie's excuse for not being able to react through the games when other managers can?

Can you answer that for me?

Read my 1st point again...Archie got us promoted to a higher league with good football and by a decent margin in the end...the miners son from fife struggled via pens with honking football...there is no comparison...you genuinely think there is?

Your selective positioning of less younger players neglects the fact that our team includes Fraser, Taylor, Higgy and even though I am not a fan piccolo, or don't u see these boys as young players?banzo, McMillan, etc etc

Archie has made loads of mistakes but he has also done some good this year too...next season is key as this will show us how Archie and the club react to us staying in this league or dropping down. Either way I am glad we have a young forward thinking manager vs a clown like your mate dick leading us through it.

Read my 1st point again...Archie got us promoted to a higher league with good football and by a decent margin in the end...the miners son from fife struggled via pens with honking football...there is no comparison...you genuinely think there is?

Your selective positioning of less younger players neglects the fact that our team includes Fraser, Taylor, Higgy and even though I am not a fan piccolo, or don't u see these boys as young players?banzo, McMillan, etc etc

Archie has made loads of mistakes but he has also done some good this year too...next season is key as this will show us how Archie and the club react to us staying in this league or dropping down. Either way I am glad we have a young forward thinking manager vs a clown like your mate dick leading us through it.

Read my last post again. "Campbell was shoite" but you've hit the nail on the head with the Miners son from Fife patter.

Archie a club legend in many folks eyes & genuinely think that's clouding some folks opinions.

I'm not advocating for him to be sacked this moment. I'm merely saying I'm not convinced he has the tactical nous or managerial ability to cut it at this level.

Time will tell. I hope I'm proved wrong- & would be first to admit it if I am- but honestly think he's punching above his weight.

If Campbell had been manager of that team yesterday or for that matter the manager of a team that had thrown away umpteen points in the last 5 minutes in games there would, rightly, be uproar.

Archibald does it & it's a case of he's still learning.

Football a funny 'business'. In real life business you wouldn't give a manager's post to someone who hadn't completed their apprenticeship or worked at an advanced level but that's what we've done.

I hope it doesn't cost us.

Read my last post again. "Campbell was shoite" but you've hit the nail on the head with the Miners son from Fife patter.

Archie a club legend in many folks eyes & genuinely think that's clouding some folks opinions.

I'm not advocating for him to be sacked this moment. I'm merely saying I'm not convinced he has the tactical nous or managerial ability to cut it at this level.

Time will tell. I hope I'm proved wrong- & would be first to admit it if I am- but honestly think he's punching above his weight.

If Campbell had been manager of that team yesterday or for that matter the manager of a team that had thrown away umpteen points in the last 5 minutes in games there would, rightly, be uproar.

Archibald does it & it's a case of he's still learning.

Football a funny 'business'. In real life business you wouldn't give a manager's post to someone who hadn't completed their apprenticeship or worked at an advanced level but that's what we've done.

I hope it doesn't cost us.

We gave the job to someone who proved they can do it by taking us up last season in the manner he did it...He has made mistakes, he will make many more I am sure but he will guide us through....as I said, next season will be pivotal one for him and us...

So many individual errors have cost us goals and points this season, he needs to bring in some solid pros at the back so we tighten up and compliment the good forward play we have seen again this year, better teams punish those errors.

We gave the job to someone who proved they can do it by taking us up last season in the manner he did it...He has made mistakes, he will make many more I am sure but he will guide us through....as I said, next season will be pivotal one for him and us...

So many individual errors have cost us goals and points this season, he needs to bring in some solid pros at the back so we tighten up and compliment the good forward play we have seen again this year, better teams punish those errors.

"Individual errors"

"We were unlucky"

"We came up against a better team on the day"

Heard them all season.

When then is he going to realise that he's going to have to adapt a different formation?

Shut/kill the game when leading with 5 to go instead of having already made the 3 predictable subs?

As for last season. Apart from being last season at a lower level, it was done with McNamara's team up against an ageing Morton side who player for player didn't come near us.

Campbell got us up. Didn't mean he was a good manager & deserved 5 years to get it right.

Hearts u21s showed heart & passion. Out thought & out fought by Gary Locke & Billy Brown but that concerns so few people as it was a "one off" again .