You Couldn't Make It Up

B.C.G. JAG

Since they've come to power they've just cut everything without any shame. I reckon its a case of lets see how many cuts we can get in before we fall out with Clegg and have to have another election next year.

I agree. And although they've backed down on the milk proposals, the intention was definitely there. There's no way a senior cabinet member would be floating policy plans around the assemblies without a green light from the top. They're pushing and prodding us with a stick just now to see what they think they can get away with cutting. Yet business gets a nice cut in Corporation Tax and the banks that got us into this mess remain unscathed and continue to enjoy offensive bonus packages.

I agree. And although they've backed down on the milk proposals, the intention was definitely there. There's no way a senior cabinet member would be floating policy plans around the assemblies without a green light from the top. They're pushing and prodding us with a stick just now to see what they think they can get away with cutting. Yet business gets a nice cut in Corporation Tax and the banks that got us into this mess remain unscathed and continue to enjoy offensive bonus packages.

100% correct. And who will protect us when they come after us in turn, which they surely will? The often maligned Trade Unions, that's who. At least they will if people actually join them and get involved in their decision-making structures. Very soon, more like right now, workers will have a choice to make over whether to Trust that the government really does mean well and that all this nasty mess will go away soon and we can all get back to 'normal'. Or face up to the fact that the Tories and the Glib Dems don't actually give a tinker's curse about the well-being and best interests of the working population as a whole and see them simply as dispensable tax-cows who don't really belong to the echelons of society that this government holds as valued in any way.

The unions have had a lot of bad press in recent years, particularly in the rabid right wing media, and some of their own making perhaps. But, ask yourself - and be as honest with yourself as you possibly can be - in whose interest is this system, ie free-market capitalism, actually run? And, more crucially, who in the workplace might actually give a toss about workers' interests and is there a genuine alternative to building stronger, more influential Trade Unions.

Myself and 26 others felt the fury and lies of the ConDems at first hand and I know that myself and at least 12 others have been unemployed for the last 9 weeks.

Will be interesting when the real effects are felt across the board.

Oh, and I wasn't in any kind of debt before the ConDems got in and now I am. Strange how their whole objective is supposedly to try and reduce debt!

But "we are all in this together" so maybe those who voted will spare a dime each to help me pay off the debt I now have.