2 Counter Attacking Goals Conceded When 1 Up And 5Mins. To Go..

thebiglemon

I was annoyed by Archie's comments in yesterday's Sunday Mail in which he said something along the lines of 'I didn't celebrate our goal as I had a feeling something was just around the corner'. If that's the case then he should have instructed the team to tighten it up, sit deeper and kick anything that moved.

If he can see/feel things aren't going our way then he has a duty to try and fix it.

Can I say that's been my point about Archibald last season. An inability to change things.

I know he's still a relative novice in management terms but I think he's more reactive than proactive.

It was obvious after 15 minutes that we needed to play balls in behind Canning as he was more than a match physically when Stevensin attempting to hold the ball up.

I'm not saying the change should've been made then but nothing happened. Higgy was on top of Keenan for most of first half.

Opportunity to change at HT not taken & when subs were made it was Elliot ahead of Doolan. Why not both?

Subs always made at 60 mins, 70 mins & 80 mins. I can't remember a double change to try something different since St Mirren this time last year maybe?!

Ok, it wasn't the subs that lost us the game but the lack of instructions from the side but he's going to have to be more proactive or same things will continue to occur.

Those comments along with 'bad day at the office' attributed to him in the BBC are nothing new.

Stevenson, I think most folk agree, was woeful Sarurday but he didn't mince his words in tonight's Evening Times about what happened in last 5 mins of the game.

Now maybe the manager does say those things behind closed doors & is reluctant to criticise in public but from the outside looking in its either they're (players) not listening to him or they're not good enough to take on board what's been said previously- in which case the manager should be shipping them out.