Just Home ... From Aberdeen

Richard Nixon

Craigen is the fittest player in our football team. Covers every inch of the park. Closes down play. Collects and lays off the ball. How many assists? He's played what? 30-40 games of full time football in his whole career?

He is the one player in our team who has the fitness and ability to go further.

Some fans are absolutely clueless.

You also said the above I seem to remember. I see the above statement has worked out well. At least you know a player when you see one. Lol

Forgot to add, poor showing by Aberdeen FC on treatment of away fans, £24 quid to sit in a crumbling covered terrace

Willing to bet the differential between away entry price and cost of pie (£!.80) is the largest within the SPFL. At £22.20, can anyone beat that?

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Watching the highlights, I'd forgotten that soft penalty claim Aberdeen had in the first half. And yet it looked more than a penalty than the one at Dens which resulted in us playing with ten men.

The change when Doolan came on was palpable, it seemed as if we suddenly grew some teeth.

I think that away strip is one of the most bowfin' we've had. Especially the socks.

Watching the highlights, I'd forgotten that soft penalty claim Aberdeen had in the first half. And yet it looked more than a penalty than the one at Dens which resulted in us playing with ten men.

Had a few shandies prior to Match of the Day last night but mind seeing Tim Howard getting booked for running ten or so yards to rub the heid in Diego Costa. Like to know the views of those who thought the ref at Dens had no option but to send Fox off. Didn't appear that there was much of a rumpus about Howard only receiving a yellow.

Had a few shandies prior to Match of the Day last night but mind seeing Tim Howard getting booked for running ten or so yards to rub the heid in Diego Costa. Like to know the views of those who thought the ref at Dens had no option but to send Fox off. Didn't appear that there was much of a rumpus about Howard only receiving a yellow.

Thought the same myself, he did not head butt him hard but he did head butt him and it was certainly more intentional than the contact Fox made with McGowan.

• 2 weeks later...

Today's match was every game that's been played at pittodrie since 1976, with a few notable exceptions. Better teams than this one have been outplayed by poorer Aberdeen teams up there. Aberdeen are a decent team and scored two good goals today.

Stevenson plays up front to hold the ball up and get physical with opposing centre halves. It's what Doolan can't do. That was proven up to Xmas and why Taylor was brought in. Whether it's working or not? I'm not sure. It worked v county. Had we seen out the Accies game, I would have persevered. However I think we need to go with Doolan up front and Stevo in midfield.

It was obvious why Elliot was playing. It was tactical. He can counter the pace of the Aberdeen midfielders and he did ok at that. Lawless isn't good enough for this division. So he should drop out.

The new full back Carroll looks a decent signing. He looks much stronger than ATS in defence. Didn't see him much going forward.

Conrad was ropey today in part again but I really don't think the defence is helped with SOD in the team. I much prefer McMillan in there. If that is the case, I think we are short of a midfielder. A wide one. Not Elliot. Seabourne did ok. Conrad looks as though he strained his hamstring and

, I went with low expectations and wasn't disappointed but thought there was some good signs at times.

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa, Today, 09:05 PM.

Right you are, no wonder you edit your old posts!