I've Gone And Pissed Thirty Years Up Against A Wall

The Devil's Point

Ooh Ah Glen McGrath. Loved your wickets and your maidens.

But of all the players I have seen, Scott Paterson played a ball out of defence to die for.

Life doesn't last for long, and self indulgence doesn't really come into it, not if you want to survive anyway.

I'd like to apologise to everyone who thinks I wasted their time. I've tried to turn shit into poetry, and I'll keep doing that. I'll go now, there is a book coming.......

Ooh Ah Glen McGrath. Loved your wickets and your maidens.

But of all the players I have seen, Scott Paterson played a ball out of defence to die for.

Life doesn't last for long, and self indulgence doesn't really come into it, not if you want to survive anyway.

I'd like to apologise to everyone who thinks I wasted their time. I've tried to turn shit into poetry, and I'll keep doing that. I'll go now, there is a book coming.......

But as someone pointed out, Simon Cowell is even more powerful than Jesus, he can turn sh*te into money!

It really is brilliant that. I've walked all those bits and remember being scared at times.

Genuinely extremely dangerous to do it the way he did it. There are actually quite a few walkers who have 'done them all except the Inn Pinn', but this boy carts his bike up it then does a stunt on the top. When I climbed the Pinn it was really misty so I couldn't see the massive exposure. Just as well, as otherwise I might of shat myself.

The cullin are not for the faint of heart, but the gabbro rock offers stupendous climbing in the right conditions. One of my heroes is dull accountant, turned mountain guide, Martin Moran. He ran the whole ridge in four hours which is just ridiculous to anyone who knows it.

Martin Moran climbed all the 4000 metre peaks in the Alps, got home and was writing a book about it. Unfortunately he was up fixing his roof, while belaying himself to the car bumper, when his wife drove off to the shops............

Broken back, but he's alright now.

As a mountaineer I notice, and mentally log, all the accidents because that helps you not to die yourself. Probably the most famous mountaineering accident in Scotland was the Cairngorm disaster with the party of schoolchildren dying in the white out. That was an awful incident which changed attitudes to mountain safety.

For me the worst one was my ex boss being pals with the father of the boy who was left swinging for three days. I'm not sure where it was, but it was clearly visible by telescope from Sligachan so was probably somewhere on Sgurr nan Gilliean/Pinnacle Ridge. Anyway, the boy abseilled over a bit and ran out of rope before he hit the bottom. Lacked the strength to get back up the rope so just swang for three days. We watched in horror as the helicopter couldn't get in close enough and it was an impossible position for a ground level rescue. On the third day he made a pathetic (yet very brave) attempt to climb up and fell off.

The bike thing is brilliant and life affirming. Hope no-one tries to copy it though.

Oh I don't know, probably losing it.

I still have all the enthusiasm, but the body doesn't work any more. Knees gone and its a worry to push the pulse rate too much.

Head going, and making mistakes. Age will catch up with you too.

I remember twenty years ago when I could drink and shag all night. Those were the days xxxx

Just one trophy Jags then I will go off and die.