Just In County Disaster

angry gaz

That was a display from a side very low in confidence and losing the first goal in unfortunate circumstance was the worst possible start.

Archie picked the same 11 as I thought he would but in retrospect it was the wrong team. Both Fraser and McDaid were lost in the first half – feel sorry for them because it is difficult for young players when playing in a side so low in confidence. Fraser in particular was like playing with a man down and I am very surprised he was not taken off at half time. Sure they will be back playing well in the future but both need to be benched for the meantime.

I can understand Archie bringing on Doolan because Taylor only had scraps to play off but really the big problem yesterday was the two sitting midfielders Osman and Fraser. Either Craigen or Banzo needed to be the half time sub. Neither was passing the ball well or picking up County midfield runners. Last week’s goal was down to this as well when neither picked up McGowan even though both were infront of him when the move started.

Disappointed in Seaborne he was shaky at times and was very quiet during the game. We need out experienced players to show there worth.

The only two positives was Taylor, I believe if he had better service would have scored more than one goal and Higgy who looked more like his old self when coming off the bench. He has to start next week.

County though were decent and I believe they will pick up more victories in the weeks to come. This means we are in the relegation battle but I still confident we will pull through the current slump and stay up.

Edited by Alan Murray

That was a display from a side very low in confidence and losing the first goal in unfortunate circumstance was the worst possible start.

Archie picked the same 11 as I thought he would but in retrospect it was the wrong team. Both Fraser and McDaid were lost in the first half – feel sorry for them because it is difficult for young players when playing in a side so low in confidence. Fraser in particular was like playing with a man down and I am very surprised he was not taken off at half time. Sure they will be back playing well in the future but both need to be benched for the meantime.

I can understand Archie bringing on Doolan because Taylor only had scraps to play off but really the big problem yesterday was the two sitting midfielders Osman and Fraser. Either Craigen or Banzo needed to be the half time sub. Neither was passing the ball well or picking up County midfield runners. Last week’s goal was down to this as well when neither picked up McGowan even though both were infront of him when the move started.

Disappointed in Seaborne he was shaky at times and was very quiet during the game. We need out experienced players to show there worth.

The only two positives was Taylor, I believe if he had better service would have scored more than one goal and Higgy who looked more like his old self when coming off the bench. He has to start next week.

County though were decent and I believe they will pick up more victories in the weeks to come. This means we are in the relegation battle but I still confident we will pull through the current slump and stay up.

Did you see the 3rd goal? Was Seabourne laughing at the penalty? Why did it look like he wanted sent off?

That wasn't a lack of confidence. The players have chucked it.

I don't believe that most of the guys that took to the pitch yesterday have any interest in keeping the club in the Premiership.

rossco are, compared to us, based on these most recent facts, an inspiring example.

Absolutely yoda, I don't disagree that in terms of confidence and fight County were very much superior and can therefore be thought of as inspirational. My point was more specific, as you indicate at the start of your post. A team that's joint bottom of the league can't be used as an argument in favour of 4-4-2 unless one biases the sample and focuses only on the last few games. I realise that you're making a different point though.