Just In County Disaster

angry gaz

Our worst performance for four or five seasons .Dreadful individual performances from Seabourne and Frans , a midfield completely missing , a team totally devoid of organisation , zero leadership on and off the pitch, no aggression or fight and complete capitulation. The players , Lyle Taylor excepted ,just didn't care enough today it was painfull and embarrassing to watch.

I,ve seen some amount of sh1te supporting Thistle for decades but that was down there with the worst.

Edited by angry gaz
  • Like 2

That was one of the worst performances in a very long time.

Ross County are an awful side, and yet the score did nothing but flatter us today, it could and should have been more.

It doesn't seem hyperbolic to say that we could feasibly end up bottom unless something drastic happens.

There is something horrifically rotten at our club.

Does this all stem from whatever happened with McMillan? I do not know.

The players do not seem interested in playing for wither the club or the manager anymore. Are most of them already looking towards the next season and new clubs? There was a rumour today that Higginbotham has signed for Hearts - which is laughable, they would not want him.

Do the players not want to play for Archibald? If this is the case then I no longer want to support them.

Anyway, why would they play any better for another manager regardless of who it is?

I do not know what it is, but something has to change.

What an utterly miserable day.

Edited by Richard Nixon
  • Like 1

Does this all stem from whatever happened with McMillan? I do not know.

I stated this early to mid January and was basically laughed out the park by a few on here. Think we all know the Jordan story but it does seem to have affected the whole team which makes me think there is a lot more to this, hence why it's been shrouded in mystery by the club. Other than the Hamilton game, the form since he went out the team has been diabolical. I have backed Archie all last season and this, but that display today, given what was at stake, was unforgiveable. The players need to take a right good look at themselves as well as there are guys out there picking up wages under false pretences. Felt sorry for LyleTaylor today as he tried his heart out, but he must be wondering just why he came back. Seaborne and Frans were brutal. Jeez I think Gabby would have done better than the two of them put together today. We are in freefall and the only slight saving grace is that St Mirren and Motherwell are in a similar position. No doubting it now.....we are in an automatic relegation fight, never mind the play offs. Don't know how it's gonna happen but we need to try and reverse this score in Dingwall.

Disgusting performance, absolutely disgusting. You work hard all week, in a job that you don't really like, pay £22 and witness that absolute farce. Half the team looked like they didn't care. Fraser was as good as a man down. Worse I've ever seen Seaborne, horrendous attempt at a tackle for their penalty. Full backs horrendous, wingers horrendous. Fair play to Lyle Taylor though he worked his arse off.

I think serious questions need asked of the management team. Everything has gone majorly south since the Mcmillan scenario, most of all we miss him on the pitch because he is a leader and actually looks like he gives a s**t! Whole squad hasn't been the same since. Archibald has been a great servant but we have come as far as we can under his management.

I stated this early to mid January and was basically laughed out the park by a few on here. Think we all know the Jordan story but it does seem to have affected the whole team which makes me think there is a lot more to this, hence why it's been shrouded in mystery by the club. Other than the Hamilton game, the form since he went out the team has been diabolical. I have backed Archie all last season and this, but that display today, given what was at stake, was unforgiveable. The players need to take a right good look at themselves as well as there are guys out there picking up wages under false pretences. Felt sorry for LyleTaylor today as he tried his heart out, but he must be wondering just why he came back. Seaborne and Frans were brutal. Jeez I think Gabby would have done better than the two of them put together today. We are in freefall and the only slight saving grace is that St Mirren and Motherwell are in a similar position. No doubting it now.....we are in an automatic relegation fight, never mind the play offs. Don't know how it's gonna happen but we need to try and reverse this score in Dingwall.

The secrecy of the board makes it difficult to determine whether the problem lies at Archie's door at all: let's face it, we have a former professional footballer with no commercial experience as a Managing Director and on the board; initiatives routinely get started (TAG, One Thistle, involvement with supporters' clubs,...) but fizzle out; the documented agreement to allocate shares to the Jags Trust is ignored, as is the agreement to have a JT representative on the board - these spell out to me a very shaky grasp on managing the club as an entity. Perhaps it is inevitable that that will percolate to the team, and it may be that Archie gets the blame.

• Like 1

Think we all know the Jordan story

I don't know what it is.

But the situation is farcial - especially if it is the contributing factor to the players not giving a solitary sh*t anymore.

And if it isn't the reason for our destruction in form, what is?

Is the chairman sitting down with Archibald to find out just what in the hell is going on?

Lyle Taylor played well

McDaid played well

My pies were nice

The rest was crap, and my pie had more substance than the midfield and defense combined

I'm sorry McDaid was poor and it was no surprise he was dubbed ... He contributed nothing in the first half along with 8 others mind you

Dundee Utd V Partick Thistle Sat 28 Feb

Ross County V Partick Thistle Sat 7 Mar

Partick Thistle V St Johnstone Sat 14 Mar

Partick Thistle V Inverness CT Sat 21 Mar

Aberdeen V Partick Thistle Sat 4 Apr

Celtic V Partick Thistle Wed 8 Apr

Partick Thistle V Motherwell Sat 11 Apr

St Mirren A

Ross A

Motherwell A

Killie H

St Johnstone H?A?

Personally a daunting task to realistically get 6 or more points? - unless of course Killie and St Johnstone can't be bothered. Of course it will also depend on Ross, M'well and St. Mirren but I fear we will be relying on their failures rather than our own successes.

Pish, pish and more pish. A few on here over the last few weeks have been discussing why our attendances are falling. Well today tells you everything. Most on here were saying we had to start our best 11 today and go for them right away. But no, no dools, no lawless, no Higgy. They seemed to want it more than us, they won the 50/50's

Please Archie do us all a favour and GO. We are being pulled closer and closer into the play off/ relegation battle and he still keeps changing our team every week. Surely by now he must know our best starting 11 or at the very least our best attacking formation.

• Like 1

Pish, pish and more pish. A few on here over the last few weeks have been discussing why our attendances are falling. Well today tells you everything. Most on here were saying we had to start our best 11 today and go for them right away. But no, no dools, no lawless, no Higgy. They seemed to want it more than us, they won the 50/50's

Please Archie do us all a favour and GO. We are being pulled closer and closer into the play off/ relegation battle and he still keeps changing our team every week. Surely by now he must know our best starting 11 or at the very least our best attacking formation.

Whilst I understand your frustration and your overall point.

You're actually slating the manager for changing the team, whilst slating him for not changing the team.

Utterly bloody shambolic! County obviously did their homework though and realised that Thistle side simply can't cope with a team that denies them space and constantly harasses anyone in possession. The result of county's game plan was there for all to see, horrific, inept passing and no invention or creativity. Most worrying was the total lack of reaction to going behind.......................that for me is completely unacceptable :no:

Edited by Camallain
  • Like 2

I'm slating him for not playing our strongest team available week in week out. We have not had a settled team for months now. If he was changing it for the better then fair do's, but he isn't. As you said Elliot is a better left back than booth, but doesn't start there. Higgy isn't in any form but is a better option than Elliot on the wing. Lawless hasn't done a thing wrong to be dropped and is better than McDaid.

Today was the perfect opportunity to give us breathing space from the bottom 3, but again Archie bamboozles us by his formation. We should have been the team in the ascendency but we were on the back foot again.

Felt sorry for the lad, had absolutely no support from the midfield, but IMHO worked his socks off.

How bad was gary fraser? Ran like a carthorse. Acted like a petulant schoolboy. Played like he's chucked it. Utterly abysmal. Oh, and seabo was just as bad. Followed closely by another 6 of them. A shameful performance.

fraser was not interested. his booking was for a schoolboy petulant kick out that should have seen him subbed - was convinced he was trying to get himself sent off

He hid from every ball , his distribution was non evident. can think of at least two passes that he made that went out the park yet he seems to get away with it.

boy has talent but obviously can't be arsed - knew there must be a reason that blackburn didn't want him

• Like 1

fraser was not interested. his booking was for a schoolboy petulant kick out that should have seen him subbed - was convinced he was trying to get himself sent off

Fraser tried, and failed, to 'take one for the team'. It was worth a try, as the ball was in our net a few seconds later.

So I don't hold that against him at all.

That was the worst 90 minutes of football I've watched all season. Confidence drained from the team the moment the ball hit the net for the first goal. There were awful performances all over the pitch. Archie tried to change things by switching to a 4-4-2 and we were treated to a comprehensive illustration of why hardly any team uses this formation any more. The back four was left exposed, the midfield were unable to retain possession and as a consequence we were restricted to hoofing it towards the front two.

Positives: McDaid was bright in the first-half and Higgy was one of our better players when he came on.

Negatives: just about everything else.