Mcleod And Miller On The Bbc

jagfaelivi

I was at the game today but as I watched I listened to the game of the day commentary on Sportsound. Normally I think these two self confessed Dons fans do quite a job of avoiding seeing things through red tinged glasses; certainly NOT today!!!

You would have thought there was only one team to comment on. The world according to Aberdeen.

Miller "this is the worst Aberdeen performance I've seen since McInnes took over"

Was he not present at Firhill when we ripped them one in February of last year? And didn't he see them being torn apart by Hamilton at NDP? Or, indeed the opening day of this season when the Arabs left them in tatters at Pittodrie?

And of course no credit for our team - again Miller " it's not as if Thistle are playing all that well".

I thought we were superb on a truly AWFUL pitch that made control a lottery. I laughed when Deila had the temerity to complain about St Mirren's pitch last night. It was a bowling green compared with what we got to play on today.

And putting it into honest unbiased terms (I hope!) I thought after an initial period of finding our feet we closed them down, were after them like whippets and gave them no peace. And, as has been said elsewhere, we should have won. But if you cast your mind back to the game at Firhill when we whipped them last season Lyle should have scored at least four.

As for McLeod, all he could do was look at the game from the Dons' point of view.

We played very well! Comments please.

• Like 2

Totally agree, had to keep checking my radio to make sure i wasnt on radio aberdeen fc, was so biased. Jonny hayes got pulled back for a foul, n immediately the wee **** commentating ran through a list of every decision thats went against aberdeen this season, sounded like a paranoid old firm fan.

Willie miller is the most boring man on the face of the earth, no wonder he was an awful manager

• Like 1

I quite like Willie Miller as a pundit with his direct non-sugar coated views...and he always refers to us as "Thistle".

I don't have much of an opinion on Liam McLeod - he's ok as a commentator.

However, today's Radio Scotland commentary was more like an Aberdeen FC broadcast to their fans. It sounded like McLeod stopped commentating on the play whenever an Aberdeen attack broke down...he then asked Willie for a view of what had happpened and carried on when Aberdeen had possession again. McLeod didn't seem to know the names of Thistle players until well into the second half.

They did mention that Lyle Taylor missed two great chances but only discussed the shortcomings of the Aberdeen defenders...I still have no idea how the chances were created.

I guess they are simply living up to the parochial Aberdonian stereotype...the legendary headline in the local newspaper - "Aberdeen man drowns" with the sub-heading "Titanic sinks -1000 lost at sea".

Good to get a point...3 points would have been sweet.

• Like 1

In fairness, this was the dons' title push peeped and I can understand a bias in discussion. They havn't lost to anyone in the league, bar old firm, this year.

Not excusing it. But don't much care right now. Probably good if others think we're getting "lucky" results and only picking up points from others' off-days.

Analyisis of what we are doing right plays into our competitors hands.

Usually Miller and Macleod are reasonably fair - perhaps the jounalistic "need" for the title "race" to be prolonged and generate interest in their broadcasts overcame the overall tone of the commentary. Personally I didn't find the commentary too bad - biased perhaps but listenable and perhaps amusing to hear their levels of anxiety rise as the game went on.

At least Willie Miller has an excuse to favour Aberdeen and Richard Gordon and Spency are up front about their personal preferences - and Cosgrove and Cowan lay it on thick about their own predispositions - can't see any problem with that.

Inevitably the more irritating ones are those who pretend to support a team other than Celtic or The Rangers (or defunct predecessor thereof).

Didn't hear any of it but if anyone deserves an excuse for a biased self centred viewpoint it's the opposing manager. The very fact that McInnes was honest enough to give a fair assessment of the game only makes those BBC clowns more embarrassing.

I think, potty trained, you're being unkind to Mr Bonner. I doubt very much Pat B appears on Sportscene for his punditry acumen. His true worth is to make his co pundit more relaxed. It's perfectly natural that a current footballer appearing as a guest will be nervous and fear making an arse of himself. He'll feel much more at ease sitting next to an imbecile with a constant inane grin.

• Like 1