read'n'yell

Just having a moment to look at the league and it has sunk in just how well we have done this year. Archie and all the team deserve a huge credit. It got me thinking that it really is a good time to be a Jag, so I looked back on how we have faired over the last 5/6 years (after the St Johnstone getting promoted season). Turns out every year (almost) we have improved. I can't imagine us finishing on less than 45 points this season, I really think we should be pushing for top six next year.

8th spfl 14-15 | +4 GD | 41 points (so far)

10th spfl 13-14 | -19 GD | 38 points

1st champ 12-13 | +48 GD | 78 points

6th champ 11-12 | +11 GD | 47 points

5th champ 10-11| +5 GD | 47 points

6th champ 09-10 | +3 GD | 48 points

Anyway it's a great time to support Thistle and hope more fans start turning out as the club has gone from strength to strength and deserves our backing. Couldn't really ask for more.

• Like 2

You are absolutely spot on here. What makes it all the more ridiculous is the fact that we have had so many crackpots calling for the manager to be sacked during this season.

I was actually thinking the other day about seasons gone by and the one which I don't think really gets talked about enough is season 98/99. We finished 8th in the 2nd division and were 1 point (yes, 1 point) away from sinking in to the bottom tier of Scottish Football.

Would there have been any way back for the club if that had happened?

• Like 2

What makes it all the more ridiculous is the fact that we have had so many crackpots calling for the manager to be sacked during this season.

Spot on, but I think we are down to about one malcontent now. The manager, his assistant and the team have done us proud this season. It will be even tougher next season given that we could lose a few vital players and a strong Hearts and perhaps Hibs or Sevco will be back, but am confident our manager can keep the improvement going

Spot on, but I think we are down to about one malcontent now. The manager, his assistant and the team have done us proud this season. It will be even tougher next season given that we could lose a few vital players and a strong Hearts and perhaps Hibs or Sevco will be back, but am confident our manager can keep the improvement going

Not many people suggesting that QoS might sneak their way into our league, but I really hope they do.