Tv Schedule

marco77

Was looking at the new batch of live TV games and it came to light that we will be the only Premiership team that has not had any live game on TV since the start of the season. Including June's Cup games this is 5 months. Guessing once we get to the Old Firm games, this will change.

Edited by marco77

Good.

Playing on a Sunday or Monday night is shite.

Friday night can be alright.

For a game reasonably local. Otherwise imo just as bad. Given the away fixture Doncaster gave us for Xmas I've very little confidence there would be any consideration to travel. Aberdeen's visit in November looks a prime candidate to get shifted as that clown can bugger up Dons fans travel plans and hit us at the turnstile at the same time.

• Like 1

twinny,

Do we still get paid? I suspect that we still get paid, whether we are on the goggle box or not.

I go to a good few home games and a few away games that are local and don't involve the old firm. Kilmarnock, Hamilton, you know the script.

Apart from distant fans, who can't attend, who is being short changed here?.

Better to actually go than pay to view, I think. Despite getting near hypothermia a few months back :-)

There is a TV pay out (which is the biggie) which is partly based on position at the end of the season and some money given at the start. I think there must be an extra bit of money (maybe small compared to the main payout) for individual live games - though I may be mixing this up with cup games but even if there's not, live games give good opportunities for extra sponsorship and hospitality and the majority of live games go to the OF.

twinny,

Do we still get paid? I suspect that we still get paid, whether we are on the goggle box or not.

I go to a good few home games and a few away games that are local and don't involve the old firm. Kilmarnock, Hamilton, you know the script.

Apart from distant fans, who can't attend, who is being short changed here?.

Better to actually go than pay to view, I think. Despite getting near hypothermia a few months back :-)

I'm a distant fan so TV games mean I get to watch more often! I'd only watch in the pub as I'm never going to fork out money for Sky/BT. I agree 100% I'd rather be at the game though.