What Would You Do?

MerryHell

Right - i've been looking for a topic to post my opinions on but can't find one so here it is!

I've now watched us ship 5 goals and score 1 in just a week and wonder just what can be done to improve things - assuming all staff from the top down stay the same.

Morton was just utter pish, but we played well enough in the Falkirk and CBeath games and took nothing from either.

We don't ship many goals - the problem is that we dont score many either. If we had someone who could consistantly stick the ball in the net we'd be fine and it wouldn't matter most weeks if we let in 1 or 2, as we do create a barrel of chances most weeks.

The Morton goal and both CBeaths goals were virtually identical. IMO, we have got to start by working on defending set pieces. While we are at it - we could also work on attacking at set pieces as we get loads of corners in a match and nothing comes from any of them - even my 6 year old sees that! The strikers have got to be told to be more selfish as well - it seems to have worked for K**ny M**ler at the H**s anyway. Quite simply, if a pass isn't going to get anywhere and you are within shooting distance - have a pop. Even Paton smacked the post yesterday, not from defence I should add.

The worry for me after Saturdays game is McCall saying that he just has to find a system that suits the players! Can't he see he's got one? The system is fine, it's the players (mainly strikers) that aren't performing for whatever reason.

I can't see us being involved in a relegation battle but, rather bizarrly, I think our pitch could be the thing that saves us - we can pretty much guarantee a home game will go ahead whereas others will be left with a fixture backlog at the end of the season. We play better at home anyway.

This wasn't as consise as I wanted it to be, but over to you anyway ...

I dont think McCall knows what to do himself which is the major problem.His recent comments about playing ugly,hard to beat and find a system for the players is something a new manager would say after a week in the job.Short answer is we need some pace in the team to stretch games,the long answer would take weeks to write.

With what we have, 4-4-2.

Halliwell; Paton, Robertson, Balatoni, Boyle; Cairney, Rowson, Flannigan, Erskine; Buchanan, Doolan. Not exactly inspiring. The full backs have to overlap more. No one in our team makes unselfish runs. Making runs creates space for others. Defensively we are appalling. Robertson's downward headers to the edge of our own box would delight a target man centre forward. We must defend set pieces better and this must start in training. Somehow or other we must get pace into the team. Can we bring in loan players outwith the transfer window?

In summary, harder work on the training ground. Keep at it until it improves. If we stop losing so many stupid avoidable goals we could perhaps steal a 1-0 win. Our lack of goals added to dreadful defending will relegate us.

Spend more time training the team and fixing our weakness's rather than spending the time "away" from the ground, bring back the double training sessions for a sunday after we get beaten startin at 7am........ and bring the bloody tyres back, plus maybe let Lambie loose on them at half time to "motivate them". Give the job your heart and soul and make sure the players do the same, gettin beat we can cope with if we fight and battle for everything, but gutless, toothless canny gie a feck performances are not on

With what we have, 4-4-2.

Halliwell; Paton, Robertson, Balatoni, Boyle; Cairney, Rowson, Flannigan, Erskine; Buchanan, Doolan. Not exactly inspiring. The full backs have to overlap more. No one in our team makes unselfish runs. Making runs creates space for others. Defensively we are appalling. Robertson's downward headers to the edge of our own box would delight a target man centre forward. We must defend set pieces better and this must start in training. Somehow or other we must get pace into the team. Can we bring in loan players outwith the transfer window?

In summary, harder work on the training ground. Keep at it until it improves. If we stop losing so many stupid avoidable goals we could perhaps steal a 1-0 win. Our lack of goals added to dreadful defending will relegate us.

the trouble we have at the moment with McCalls system is it is very similar to the one you are wanting,unfortunately if you push both full backs forward you expose the defence which is slower than a week in the jail,probably need to have a sitting midfield player to protect the defence and cover for the full backs, McCALL DOESN'T HAVE A CLUE,RESIGN NOW

Edited by jlsarmy

Spend more time training the team and fixing our weakness's rather than spending the time "away" from the ground, bring back the double training sessions for a sunday after we get beaten startin at 7am........ and bring the bloody tyres back, plus maybe let Lambie loose on them at half time to "motivate them". Give the job your heart and soul and make sure the players do the same, gettin beat we can cope with if we fight and battle for everything, but gutless, toothless canny gie a feck performances are not on

^^^this^^^