Apps

Phoenix

Not saying any of these are the best, just the best of the ones I have downloaded...

Free Apps

thetrainline- checks next train times without requiring to pay the £5 for the National Rail Enquiries App

Shazam Free- identify songs that are playing (in a pub etc), can only do 5 per month in the free one but I never use more anyway

Facebook- if you are into that kind of thing

Sky Sports Football Score Centre- pretty good for football scores

Flixster- check movie times and listings

Wikipanion- Wikipedia lookup

TV Guide- self explanatory!

Whirly Word Free- anagram game, only difference between it and the paid version is adverts you barely notice

Words With Friends Free- Scrabble-a-like, play against friends or random folk over the internet (there is a chess equivalent too if you like that)

Paid for

TuneIn Radio- internet radio app

Flight Control- very addictive "air traffic control" game, would highly recommend for 59p

Angry Birds- never liked it that much myself but try the demo and it is only 59p

Tiger Woods PGA Tour- only 59p at the moment, quite easy once you get into it but I really like it

Doodle Jump- good for a wee blast while waiting on the train and only 59p

Not Quite An App As Such

In the internet browser go to iphone.tvcatchup.com and create an account to stream uk freeview tv

Hope that helps!

Phoenix, what you have to remember is that HJ is a very sad old man with nothing better to do than spout anti Apple crap whenever an iphone thread crops up. He jerks off over his Linux OS. He used to drive a Jag. So you see he doesn't really have good taste in anything really and his opinion is pretty worthless.

Ah... now see on the one occasion I went on such a personal attack I was rightly given a telling-off by admin, who I am sure will be banging your door soon.

I don't like Apple products. Do forgive me for not following trends. I prefer my tech gadgets to work so I'll stick with Linux as an OS and Creative products for my music. Cheers :thumbsup2:

Not saying any of these are the best, just the best of the ones I have downloaded...

Free Apps

thetrainline- checks next train times without requiring to pay the £5 for the National Rail Enquiries App

Shazam Free- identify songs that are playing (in a pub etc), can only do 5 per month in the free one but I never use more anyway

Facebook- if you are into that kind of thing

Sky Sports Football Score Centre- pretty good for football scores

Flixster- check movie times and listings

Wikipanion- Wikipedia lookup

TV Guide- self explanatory!

Whirly Word Free- anagram game, only difference between it and the paid version is adverts you barely notice

Words With Friends Free- Scrabble-a-like, play against friends or random folk over the internet (there is a chess equivalent too if you like that)

Paid for

TuneIn Radio- internet radio app

Flight Control- very addictive "air traffic control" game, would highly recommend for 59p

Angry Birds- never liked it that much myself but try the demo and it is only 59p

Tiger Woods PGA Tour- only 59p at the moment, quite easy once you get into it but I really like it

Doodle Jump- good for a wee blast while waiting on the train and only 59p

Not Quite An App As Such

In the internet browser go to iphone.tvcatchup.com and create an account to stream uk freeview tv

Hope that helps!

surely a freudian slip on your part JB - tiger woods with some angry birds on top heh heh! :thumbsup2:

Ah... now see on the one occasion I went on such a personal attack I was rightly given a telling-off by admin, who I am sure will be banging your door soon.

I don't like Apple products. Do forgive me for not following trends. I prefer my tech gadgets to work so I'll stick with Linux as an OS and Creative products for my music. Cheers :thumbsup2:

Interesting, particulalry as a former Apple-Hater myself.

I had a Creative Zen Vision 30Gb player - it had the worst software EVER for converting files, in fact it crashed nearly every time I used it. And it certainly did not play any other type of media file other than .avi, and even then in a number of cases the sound never worked.

After much thought (and self hatred), I bought the iPhone 3GS - although I would have bought an HTC Desire if they had been out at the time without even considering an Apple product.. In 15 months I've never had it crash (as happened with the Creative Zen) and it handles the advertised media files with no issue (unlike the creative Zen). My dad also had similar issues with the Creative Zen (whose customer support by the way was dreadful) and also now has an iPhone.

I had a Creative Zen Vision 30Gb player - it had the worst software EVER for converting files, in fact it crashed nearly every time I used it. And it certainly did not play any other type of media file other than .avi, and even then in a number of cases the sound never worked.

After much thought (and self hatred), I bought the iPhone 3GS - although I would have bought an HTC Desire if they had been out at the time without even considering an Apple product.. In 15 months I've never had it crash (as happened with the Creative Zen) and it handles the advertised media files with no issue (unlike the creative Zen). My dad also had similar issues with the Creative Zen (whose customer support by the way was dreadful) and also now has an iPhone.

Iv'e had that same model for 3 or 4 years, and never had a single problem with it. Can't comment on the converter software, because I havn't yet come accross a format that wont play on mine, and nor can I comment on the customer support because I have never used it - but the player itself I have had no problems with whatsoever.

The same can't be said by some relatives of mine, who have found apples customer 'support' to be non-existant.

Same as LWA. I've never had any problems whatsoever with my Zen Vision M. Never used converter software cos I've never needed it.....wait..... I tell a lie(ish).... I did once try to convert a Quicktime video to play on the Zen but I'm not 100% sure I used the Zen's own converter software. And I've never needed to call customer support.

I use it every day and all is good (touch wood). The one design flaw I can see is the lack of replaceable battery. So when the battery eventually dies the player is kaput.

I'm yet to be convinced by Apple's hype. INVHO Apple products seem to be more "good looks" and "must-have-gadget" over performance.