Referees

Not wanting to trivialise this https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46774433............but I don't believe Bobby Madden did his profession much service with his actions on Saturday. He'll probably claim he was talking into his wee radio thingy but it looked to many of us he was having a go at the Jags fans. 

Part of me says that's OK. We dish it out so we should be able to take it. However, would he have acted similarly in front of either of the ugly sister supporters or to home fans at Tynecastle, Easter Rd, Pittodrie etc? I guess we all know the answer to that one. So we're fair game whereas other clubs aren't. Is that not showing partiality, something all referees will claim just doesn't happen? 

• Like 2

He was certainly mouthing something at us, and your point about other clubs is a valid none LIB.  He did it twice, each time walking and turning towards us before speaking.   He also lacks numeracy, counting out 8 paces not 10 for at least one Thistle free kick close to their 18 yard line.  Haven't seen a replay of the penalty, but looked very soft to me when it happened.

Edited by eljaggo

2 hours ago, eljaggo said:

He was certainly mouthing something at us, and your point about other clubs is a valid none LIB.  He did it twice, each time walking and turning towards us before speaking.   He also lacks numeracy, counting out 8 paces not 10 for at least one Thistle free kick close to their 18 yard line.  Haven't seen a replay of the penalty, but looked very soft to me when it happened.

At the time I thought that Madden had got the decision wrong as from my viewpoint it seemed that McGinty had met the ball and impacted the player through the ball.

However, the highlights make it clear that Nesbitt had touched the ball away just before McGinty got to him. So. although the fall was theatrical and it pains me to say it, I do not think that we can complain about the decision.