Some Night For Tuffey

Pie Of The Month

Mixed feelings with regard to Tuffey. Wished him all the best in the future when I met him tail end last season. But assumed he would be going on to better things to continue his chances internationally and obviously higher wages !

Playing 2nd fiddle at Inverness im sure wasn't on his agenda , despite higher wages he likely will lose his N.Ireland chances.

Not finding it funny myself in his misfortune, as there is nothing wrong with trying to better yourself.

His biggest mistake is listening too much to his agent and not back tracking and resigning for the Jags.

I am sure Jonny Tuffey already knows this ! Or is he glad to be out of the shit we are currently in ... If so who is laffing ?

Tuff shit.

Peculiar how people will humiliate themselves ... just for the sake of a few extra bob -- then go back to playing second fiddle. Fatally flawed.

As yet another goal went in, he was probably thinking: "**** it, who cares how big the crowd is. I can afford to buy things I couldn't when I was playing for Thistle."

Edited by BearsdenLoyal

Who?

Sorry m8 ..Just realised you are a far away fan !

Didn't realise you were so far away and didn't realise who he was !

Thought if you were so far away and out of touch .... you would know what you were talking about before you post !

Don't let me get in your way of filling your boots with not knowing who Jonny Tuffey was !

• Members

Sorry m8 ..Just realised you are a far away fan !

Didn't realise you were so far away and didn't realise who he was !

Thought if you were so far away and out of touch .... you would know what you were talking about before you post !

Don't let me get in your way of filling your boots with not knowing who Jonny Tuffey was !

McK knows fine and well who Tuffey is. As big a Jags fan as most.

Started for Inverness and now 6-0 down at Celtic Park. :unsure:

Hell mend him.

He took the shilling ... so he can humiliate himself in cup games and then go back to being substitute keeper in league games every week.

And then when his contract is up, he can look back at the comical reality of it all -- safe in the knowledge he could afford a better lawnmower and the wife could finally get the washing machine she always wanted.

Edited by BearsdenLoyal

Hell mend him. He's being paid more these days -- so he can humiliate himself in cup games and then go back to being a substitute keeper in league games. Comical, really ...

Sums my previous post up nicely thanks .. Short memories is rife at Firhill lolol

Much better times to be had moving on and slagging ..past good servants to death lol..

Fill yer boots ! lol

I'd still take him any day of the week.

How many points dropped this season would have been saved?

Considering there hasn't been one anti Bryn thread, that he has only been criticised for one goal (against raith), then i'd suggest very few.

What I would ask is, how many more points would have been dropped, if we had still had Tuffey.

In the pre season, and at the end of last, quite a few folk on here were quick to judge Halliwell, that he was past it, had failed at his last couple of clubs etc. I would say, since then, he has done more than enough.

One of the few lights, in a team of under achievers.

:thumbsup2:

Considering there hasn't been one anti Bryn thread, that he has only been criticised for one goal (against raith), then i'd suggest very few.

What I would ask is, how many more points would have been dropped, if we had still had Tuffey.

In the pre season, and at the end of last, quite a few folk on here were quick to judge Halliwell, that he was past it, had failed at his last couple of clubs etc. I would say, since then, he has done more than enough.

One of the few lights, in a team of under achievers.

:thumbsup2:

Hear hear

He really is a pillock for going to Inverness knowing he would be number 2. This just compounds it all, there must now be absolutely no chance of breaking into the first team after shipping 6 goals whilst the other keeper must have been playing alright (judging by my half hearted glance at the SPL scores at the weekends are Inverness not doing alright or at least not getting pasted regularly?).

And of course when his contract runs out where will he go from there? Surely a back up lower SPL keeper is going to have to step down a division in order to show what he can do. So he is back to square 1, older, the momentum of “great up and coming keeper” long behind him, he is snookered.

Bryn would have kept a clean sheet last night.

I'm sure his post sums up quite a few fans' current thoughts on Tuffey.

International appearances will now be extremely rare and can only be called up as a bench warmer at most. Well down in pecking order and in fact may be looking over shoulder at any reserve or youth keepers coming up.