Who Are We

Ruchillnomore

Dear All,

I know that this might grate with some people but come on is this not the life of a Thistle supporter. All kidding aside if there is no money there is no money we can argue all day about the who is to blame but the sad fact is we are who we are. Unless a mad Thistle supporter such as we all are wins the Euro Lottery and decides to put stupid money into the Jags then we are who we are a First/Second Division side who occasionally goes on a cup run and gets a 1/4 final against one of the Old Firm and take up the full allocation.

Unless there is a serious financial investment then we have missed the boat. In the last few years 3 teams have summed it up what it means to get into the gravy train that is the SPL, St Johnstone, St Mirren and Inverness they will become the up and down system that rewards the closed shop that is the SPL.

i have been watching the Jags since 1970 and are a season ticket holder does it make me any better or have a louder voice than any other Jags supporter no clearly not but when crowds are as low as we have then we will never be able to generate a budget that will allow any manager to be competitive at the business end of the season.

What I finally feel is that there is no longer any atmosphere at Firhill there is an air of defeat now even before a ball is kicked and yes that is now down to the manager and team but lets face it no other team from this day on is coming to Firhill and fearing Partick Thistle or their supporters.

If we are relegated then we are relegated as like anyone else on Saturday whilst drinking with many other like minded Jags supporters I was distraught at the fact but one thing has made me more aware of who we are it was an article in the programme about the day we won promotion at Love St.......thats what makes being a Jags fan special... Damon Gray scoring at Ibrox.......God of Gods Patterson scoring his free kick in the 1/4 final.....10,000 Thistle supporters at Hampden for a semi Final and guess what there are many more to chew the fat away.

However dont worry if you missed those moments over the last few years you continue to believe in the Jags and you keep supporting they will come along maybe not with this board or manager but they will come along and when they do its the best feeling in the world and thats why we are who we are.

All the best to everyone keep living the dream

O.T.I.G.

Dear All,

I know that this might grate with some people but come on is this not the life of a Thistle supporter. All kidding aside if there is no money there is no money we can argue all day about the who is to blame but the sad fact is we are who we are. Unless a mad Thistle supporter such as we all are wins the Euro Lottery and decides to put stupid money into the Jags then we are who we are a First/Second Division side who occasionally goes on a cup run and gets a 1/4 final against one of the Old Firm and take up the full allocation.

Unless there is a serious financial investment then we have missed the boat. In the last few years 3 teams have summed it up what it means to get into the gravy train that is the SPL, St Johnstone, St Mirren and Inverness they will become the up and down system that rewards the closed shop that is the SPL.

i have been watching the Jags since 1970 and are a season ticket holder does it make me any better or have a louder voice than any other Jags supporter no clearly not but when crowds are as low as we have then we will never be able to generate a budget that will allow any manager to be competitive at the business end of the season.

What I finally feel is that there is no longer any atmosphere at Firhill there is an air of defeat now even before a ball is kicked and yes that is now down to the manager and team but lets face it no other team from this day on is coming to Firhill and fearing Partick Thistle or their supporters.

If we are relegated then we are relegated as like anyone else on Saturday whilst drinking with many other like minded Jags supporters I was distraught at the fact but one thing has made me more aware of who we are it was an article in the programme about the day we won promotion at Love St.......thats what makes being a Jags fan special... Damon Gray scoring at Ibrox.......God of Gods Patterson scoring his free kick in the 1/4 final.....10,000 Thistle supporters at Hampden for a semi Final and guess what there are many more to chew the fat away.

However dont worry if you missed those moments over the last few years you continue to believe in the Jags and you keep supporting they will come along maybe not with this board or manager but they will come along and when they do its the best feeling in the world and thats why we are who we are.

All the best to everyone keep living the dream

O.T.I.G.

AND SO SAY ALL OF US OVER THE LAST 10 MONTHS ! ! ! NICE SUMMARY BUT BEEN THERE GOT THE T-SHIRT AND ALL THAT.

'If we are relegated then we are relegated as like anyone else on Saturday whilst drinking with many other like minded Jags supporters I was distraught at the fact but one thing has made me more aware of who we are it was an article in the programme about the day we won promotion at Love St.......thats what makes being a Jags fan special... Damon Gray scoring at Ibrox.......God of Gods Patterson scoring his free kick in the 1/4 final.....10,000 Thistle supporters at Hampden for a semi Final and guess what there are many more to chew the fat away.'

I've got a 4 year old son who loves coming to Firhill for the flags, for Pee Tee, for the running about with other kids. His mum gets a rest on a Saturday afternoon. Before he was born I experienced all the above. He needs it too. We've seen off Hughes, Cowan and the rest. We'll still be here.

I find this post pretty patronising and the sort of thing a former board member would wheel out in a time of concern. If you enjoy watching teams with a fraction of the support we do like the Accies prospering miles above us while we grub below Cowdenbeath then good for you.

I find this post pretty patronising and the sort of thing a former board member would wheel out in a time of concern. If you enjoy watching teams with a fraction of the support we do like the Accies prospering miles above us while we grub below Cowdenbeath then good for you.

So what's your point? Should we all chuck it?

Seriously you really need to get a life. I clearly stated it might grate with some people but do I like watching what Im watching no and no again. Do you think I liked watching what I was watching when Derek Johnstone, Sandy Clark and Benny Rooney was the manager no and no again but I kept going because I like Partick Thistle not individuals or board members because im pretty sure at some stage they will all move on but the club is always here as long as we believe.

Im not trying to patronise anyone the good times being a Jags fan is absolutely up there and anyone who knows me will tell you that a Saturday is murder if they lose(not a lot of good Saturdays lately) but as stated it was the article in the programme on Saturday that made the most sense to me we will enjoy good times again lets just do the penance in between.

Everyone have a drink on me

:drink2: :drink2: :drink2: