Auld felth

Jaggernaut

I havn't watched an Old Firm game for over 10 years, and until it's possible for them both to lose I don't think I'll go out my way to watch another one.

Throwing missiles is nothing new, so the moral outrage is surprising. I can recall listening to the radio descriptions of the game in 1999 when Hugh Dallas was covered in blood from a coin. There was a palpable sense of unease, that people were going to be injured or killed as a result of that game.

Weren't so many missiles thrown at the 1980 Scottish Cup Final that alcohol was banned from all Scottish sports stadiums?

I used to take some sort of passing interest in these games as a child but now I just can't relate to anything about it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, milhouse said:

I havn't watched an Old Firm game for over 10 years, and until it's possible for them both to lose I don't think I'll go out my way to watch another one.

Throwing missiles is nothing new, so the moral outrage is surprising. I can recall listening to the radio descriptions of the game in 1999 when Hugh Dallas was covered in blood from a coin. There was a palpable sense of unease, that people were going to be injured or killed as a result of that game.

Weren't so many missiles thrown at the 1980 Scottish Cup Final that alcohol was banned from all Scottish sports stadiums?

I used to take some sort of passing interest in these games as a child but now I just can't relate to anything about it.

It was a full scale battle on the pitch in 1980. 

I almost went. 2 mates had came to games at Firhill with me several times that season. Both asked me to go to the Cup Final but as they supported each of the teams I didn’t want to offend either of them so I declined. It was a good decision!