Durward Brown

Jaggernaut

I'd just like to echo the tribute to Thistle fan Durward Brown that's on the official club site.

When I moved back to the Stirling area (Bridge of Allan) in 1995, after (too?) many years of living in France, I ran into Durward frequently in and around Stirling, and also at matches.

I remembered him from the late 60s and early 70s, though we'd never actually met in person back then, apart maybe from the occasional exchange of pleasantries on the North-West or the Whiteinch supporters' bus. But even as a complete stranger, when I approached him as a fellow Thistle supporter he was generous with his time and always perceptive (and often really humorous) in his comments.

Anyway, our meetings were aways a real pleasure, as we'd chat about the Jags, recent and future matches, life in general, in and around the area where we lived.

There aren't many more diehard Jags fans than Durward.

RIP  

28 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

I'd just like to echo the tribute to Thistle fan Durward Brown that's on the official club site.

When I moved back to the Stirling area (Bridge of Allan) in 1995, after (too?) many years of living in France, I ran into Durward frequently in and around Stirling, and also at matches.

I remembered him from the late 60s and early 70s, though we'd never actually met in person back then, apart maybe from the occasional exchange of pleasantries on the North-West or the Whiteinch supporters' bus. But even as a complete stranger, when I approached him as a fellow Thistle supporter he was generous with his time and always perceptive (and often really humorous) in his comments.

Anyway, our meetings were aways a real pleasure, as we'd chat about the Jags, recent and future matches, life in general, in and around the area where we lived.

There aren't many more diehard Jags fans than Durward.

RIP  

I think Durward had run guest house in Stirling for awhile. Absolute gentleman.

RIP