Jagzone interviews

MarciaBlaine

Overall I like the Jagzone coverage and I'm happy to support it.

I know someone posted recently about interview questions being a bit safe and I think it's fair to say that many are of the type: "is it fair to say that x?", basically inviting players or coaches to agree with a statement and reply by repeating the statement back with a slight rewording:

"Looking ahead to tomorrow's game, that's not one we'll be taking lightly is it?" "och no, we won't be taking it lightly, there's no easy games in this league and we know if we don't show full commitment then we'll be punished for it so we'll be working at our maximum and hopefully that translates into three points at five o'clock tomorrow."

(No doubt there are good reasons for this if the interviewee is a bit short on charisma, and the media team can hardly be blamed for the sort of answers they get back!)

As a constructive suggestion, couldn't there be a way for fans to submit questions? Like a meet the manager-lite. Not looking for any 'gotcha' moments, just a way to build on the current good connection the fans have with players and coaching staff. 

In Doolan's last update I'd have liked to have heard things like:

• How many players are you still looking to recruit / what sort of squad size?
  • And in what positions?
  • Are the young apprentices (currently listed on the site as McKenzie, Stanway and Stevenson) all planned to make the step up to the first team squad?
  • Are any other youngsters involved with first team training just now?

Not looking for any state secrets, and no doubt the club would feel at times that some questions are more appropriate than others, but I think it would be a symbolically nice gesture to hear "John from Kirkintilloch asks..." and also great to mix up the content a bit.

• Like 3