Does Partick Thistle have the Bottle?

partickthedog

This is a light-hearted thread opener, and nothing deeper should be read into it!

It pains me to give any credit to our Ibrox dwelling neighbours, but through gritted teeth I have to concede the remarkable achievement of signing 2 players (Cyriel Dessers and Sam Lammers) the last 3 letters of whose surnames are the same as the last 3 letters of the name of the team they purport to represent.

Surely Partick Thistle cannot be outdone in this respect? Accordingly I am calling for help from all Thistle historians, archivists and fans with long memories. Was there a Whittle, a Castle, a Hustle, a Rattle or even a Bottle who played for the Jags?

You cannot have Bottlers as they would have played for the other team I mentioned.

25 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

No Bottles or Bumbles, but I can find three 

Ricky Little - 2008 - 09 season

Robert Little - back in 1895

Willie Whittle- from 1914- 1920.

Willie made more than 150 first team appearances for the Jags, and despite the times he lived in, lived to the magnificent age of 84!

That’s brilliant, thank you. I should have remembered Ricky though the other 2 were slightly before my time!