Just In (Time For A Rant)

Tom Hosie

I don't dispute that, but to say they see themselves as "h*ns" is ridiculous. They see themselves as Dees.

Garbage.

open your eyes. have u ever been to dundee?

What a stupid and ignorant person you are. I hate Dundee because of how they have cheated over the years and their fans are ridiculously arrogant, but they certainly arn't h*ns.

Dundee Utd have their own version of "hello hello", are they h*ns as well? Name a time when you have seen a Union Flag at a Dundee game, or seen someone wearing a Rangers top.

The people giving it the "Dundee fans are h u n s" patter are really no better than the Old Firm fans who ask "who do you really support"?

What an absolute embarrassment.

Back on topic slightly, I thought our fans were excellent yesterday. Plenty of singing and encouragement. The Dundee fans couldn't bear to look at us once we scored. A special mention to the lads who put on the stewards jackers that were hanging beside the stairs. Surprisingly the stewards didn't see the funny side.

Garbage. You've been on pie and bovril too much. People like you are no better than Old Firm fans who insist you must have leanings to one or the other.

I haven't used P&B for years.

I've been at a few Jags v Dundee games wheere there have been UJ's in the Dundee end. The odd red hand of ulster as well. 2 games in particular stand out, one is the 0-0 draw in the cup (the game befoer gerree's wonder goal in the replay) and the 2-1 game when the rat that is Nacho Novo made a disgraceful tackle on Ian Ross. Think it was Barry Smith that scored the winner for them that day.

Also, try finding out why they refer to their shed as The Derry. I used to share a flat with a Dundee fan in my student days. He was quite open about his 'leanings'

What a stupid and ignorant person you are. I hate Dundee because of how they have cheated over the years and their fans are ridiculously arrogant, but they certainly arn't h*ns.

Dundee Utd have their own version of "hello hello", are they h*ns as well? Name a time when you have seen a Union Flag at a Dundee game, or seen someone wearing a Rangers top.

The people giving it the "Dundee fans are h u n s" patter are really no better than the Old Firm fans who ask "who do you really support"?

What an absolute embarrassment.

you are an absolute embarrasment pal. u clearly have no understanding of the term H*n. chelsea are h*ns, west ham are h*ns, dundee are h*ns, rangers, airdrie. H*n doesnt mean rangers, it means biggoted protestants, coming from attila the H*n from his raids on the holy roman empire

you are an absolute embarrasment pal. u clearly have no understanding of the term H*n. chelsea are h*ns, west ham are h*ns, dundee are h*ns, rangers, airdrie. H*n doesnt mean rangers, it means biggoted protestants, coming from attila the H*n from his raids on the holy roman empire

I hate the forum when we get this kind of highbrow historical analysis.

:wall: Who gives a feck??? Dundee fans are bad enuf in that they are Dundee fans in the first place. FTOF and Dundee too.

So, Hodge scored wi his right foot then? What's next, Paton hitting a scorcher wi his left? We have a tough game next week but I think we've turned a wee corner and will pick up 3 points :fan:

Edited by Steven H

I've been at a few Jags v Dundee games wheere there have been UJ's in the Dundee end. The odd red hand of ulster as well.

"The odd"?

Try one. Belonging to a guy who resided in Northern Ireland at the time and is now the club's chief executive. Oh, and rather than being embraced by the "h*ns" there were a number of Dees who took issue with its presence.

Not because of any sympathies the owner had with loyalist sentiment, but because of its connotations and the ignorant drivel that might be spouted about it. You know, the kind of cr*p that's being spouted here by those who view the world in purely black and white.

"The odd"?

Try one. Belonging to a guy who resided in Northern Ireland at the time and is now the club's chief executive. Oh, and rather than being embraced by the "h*ns" there were a number of Dees who took issue with its presence.

Not because of any sympathies the owner had with loyalist sentiment, but because of its connotations and the ignorant drivel that might be spouted about it. You know, the kind of cr*p that's being spouted here by those who view the world in purely black and white.

Chief executive? He's done a grand job hasn't he! Nwver mind the current state of his club, he doesn't have much common sense if he brings a Red hand flag to a game of football in Glasgow and doesn't think it will eb misinterpreted.

he doesn't have much common sense if he brings a Red hand flag to a game of football in Glasgow and doesn't think it will eb misinterpreted.

Which was the argument put forward by his fellow fans. But let's be clear here, Glasgow wasn't the flag's only destination. Does this thread show that we've become so wrapped up in the symbolism utilised by our near neighbours that we can't simply accept a fan used it to highlight the lengths he went to support his team each week?

Which was the argument put forward by his fellow fans. But let's be clear here, Glasgow wasn't the flag's only destination. Does this thread show that we've become so wrapped up in the symbolism utilised by our near neighbours that we can't simply accept a fan used it to highlight the lengths he went to support his team each week?

I think what it shows is that if you bring UJ's / Red Hand flags to games, call your shed 'The Derry' and sing 'Hello Hello', then people will label you as h_u_n_s, rightly or wrongly.

Not an accusation I would ever want labelled against us Jags fans.

I accept that most Dees aren't sectarian but I would argue that they can be percieved to be sectarian for the reasons I have mentioned.

"The odd"?

The red hand of Ulster is older than Northern Ireland. The red hand of Ulster is older than Christianity. Only two thirds of Ulster are in Northern Ireland. There you go.