Old Thistle Photos

FTOF

With no game this weekend to look forward to, I can't help but reminisce on some golden Thistle moments!

The Lambie days winning back to back championships, promotion play off win at peterhead, cup runs, inter toto cup exploits, pre-season trips to northern ireland, etc, etc

I used to have loads of great photos but lost them when my old computer decided to pack in. Anyone got some classic photos they can share? Thought it would be a good idea for a post...get everyones enthusiasm up again after what has been a realtively dull season so far!

There used to be a decent selection of photos on ptfc.net (I think it was that site) with old photos, surprised how few come up on google images!

With no game this weekend to look forward to, I can't help but reminisce on some golden Thistle moments!

The Lambie days winning back to back championships, promotion play off win at peterhead, cup runs, inter toto cup exploits, pre-season trips to northern ireland, etc, etc

I used to have loads of great photos but lost them when my old computer decided to pack in. Anyone got some classic photos they can share? Thought it would be a good idea for a post...get everyones enthusiasm up again after what has been a realtively dull season so far!

There used to be a decent selection of photos on ptfc.net (I think it was that site) with old photos, surprised how few come up on google images!

The ptfc.net site is still there, preserved, with all the photos and stuff. Lianne McD - Thistle hero :thumbsup2:

Here's a wee thing I've been putting together for a while

My PT History Wetpaint site

You can join the site and start discussions on each page, fill in any blanks/errors and upload stuff.

Nice job Stu.

I've never heard of the 'Explosion at Firhill' before - surprising really, since my Gran and my next door neighbour both worked full-time at Firhill throughout the 50s and 60s and I grew up with daily stories about the happenings there.

My old mother's well into her eighties now, but I'll be asking her if she remembers it tomorrow.

Take a look at the 'Firhill SFT article', and weep at what might have been, compared to the bombed-out shell of a "stadium" that we now have.

When you look at the new office blocks that have sprung up near to the ground, that vision could have accommodated these businesses (with much needed income) and helped ensure a tight, enclosed arena that would generate a great atmosphere, and a place that would be visually spectacular and enjoyable to visit every time. But all in past now, and can only be viewed as a "if only" regret.