Tomorrow Night's Game

RabTheJag

I thought we'd seen the worst of the snow but its back with a vengeance today. I dont know what its like in and around Glasgow but here in Renfrew its being snowing really heavily since about 8 this morning and its still falling! It looks like another 3 inches have fallen on top of what was there already.

I would be very surprised if the game tomorrow night goes ahead and IMO it would be a ridiculous decision by the SFL if they don't postpone it. Why are they in such a rush to play this game anyway? If I remember correctly Thistle asked the SFL to leave playing this fixture until later in the season but the SFL refused. I mean what size of crowd are we likely to get if it went ahead tomorrow night? It will be freezing, people are being told not to travel unless it is absolutely necessary, plus there is Champions League football on TV. What will people choose between watching footie in -10C or watching footie while sitting indoors warm and cosy? Plus I'd need skis attached to my wheelchair to get to Firhill in these conditions! :lol:

So come on SFL use some common sense for once!

I thought we'd seen the worst of the snow but its back with a vengeance today. I dont know what its like in and around Glasgow but here in Renfrew its being snowing really heavily since about 8 this morning and its still falling! It looks like another 3 inches have fallen on top of what was there already.

I would be very surprised if the game tomorrow night goes ahead and IMO it would be a ridiculous decision by the SFL if they don't postpone it. Why are they in such a rush to play this game anyway? If I remember correctly Thistle asked the SFL to leave playing this fixture until later in the season but the SFL refused. I mean what size of crowd are we likely to get if it went ahead tomorrow night? It will be freezing, people are being told not to travel unless it is absolutely necessary, plus there is Champions League football on TV. What will people choose between watching footie in -10C or watching footie while sitting indoors warm and cosy? Plus I'd need skis attached to my wheelchair to get to Firhill in these conditions! :lol:

So come on SFL use some common sense for once!

Sadly commonsense and the SFL dont go hand in hand however I will be amazed if the game goes ahead. In the off chance it does I predict a crowd of less than 1000!!!

Edited by Lindau

A quick check of forecasts up till Friday is a good bit more encouraging. Looks likely to be a significant thaw from Thursday. That also goes for Inverness and down the A9, so County should have no real travel problems.

Saturdays game need's a theme.

In light of the rising temps, how about a swimming trunks and bikini's day?